CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
GTX1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It seems that unibeast 8.2 is incompatible with 10.13.4. When I try to create a bootable usb drive, no 'Install High Sierra from ...' will be appeared in clover. After search the forum and by typing ' rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia' after creating bootable usb drive, I was able to boot my pc from usb. But a few seconds later after the apple log and progress bar, a BIG STOP SIGN was shown on the screen. What can I do?? Thanks for your replay.

Hardware: 7700k + z270 + 1070 + 32G ram + 1T HDD (bios setting not changed since it works fine in 10.13.3)

View media item 190278

But a few seconds later after the apple log and progress bar, a BIG STOP SIGN was shown on the screen.
That is not a stop sign - It is what Apple refer to as the prohibitory symbol.

What can I do??
You can boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

That is not a stop sign - It is what Apple refer to as the prohibitory symbol.

You can boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.
Can you tell me how to boot in verbose mode

At the Clover boot loader screen press the spacebar and select verbose mode from the list.

Hello RealRain. I'm having the same issue as you. Stuck at that O/ sign when trying to install after the apple logo.

Some other things I did:

modified congif.plist using Clover Congif
-ACPI -FixShutdown
-SMBIOS -18,1

Code (Text):

rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia

Code (Text):

rm -rf /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBInjectAll.kext

To boot in verbose mode do the following:
1. Go to Options in the Clover bootloader. (Note: You'll see this image is showing Sierra OS, but it's the same for High Sierra OS Clover bootloader)
options.JPG
2. Highlight Boot Args: and press Enter.
3. Delete whatever is there and type "-v".
verbose.JPG
4. Navigate down and Highlight Return.
5. Select you boot drive and press Enter.

Instead of seeing the Apple logo and the progress bar you should see the verbose output.

I'm experiencing a similar issue to RealRain and CivicRyder. You can see my specs under my profile. But I am using the 10.13 Installation guide on this site.

I found this post from MacMan here which describes a bug and workaround for UniBeast 8.2 and macOS 10.13.4.

That post indicates there are two terminal commands to run before ejecting any volumes (see post). (This looks like the commands that CivicRyder tried as well.)

Unfortunately, I tried the workaround in the linked thread from MacMan and still have the issue of the circle with the line appearing around 75% of installation.

I'm experiencing a similar issue to RealRain and CivicRyder. You can see my specs under my profile. But I am using the 10.13 Installation guide on this site.

I found this post from MacMan here which describes a bug and workaround for UniBeast 8.2 and macOS 10.13.4.

That post indicates there are two terminal commands to run before ejecting any volumes (see post). (This looks like the commands that CivicRyder tried as well.)

Unfortunately, I tried the workaround in the linked thread from MacMan and still have the issue of the circle with the line appearing around 75% of installation.

Me too.
I‘ve already tried these two terminal commands before creating this thread.

I made some progress! :)

The issue appeared to be related to the fact that each port in the Z270 motherboard is USB 3.0. After reading in various other threads encouraging the use of USB 2.0 for the boot loader I grabbed a USB hub that is specifically USB 2.0. After loading the USB boot loader created by UniBeast through the USB 2.0 hub I was able to successfully get to the install screen of High Sierra. I was able to reformat the internal drive.

Unfortunately, once I got there I encountered a message saying something along the lines of "Could not install macOS dues to missing resources". I'm really not exactly sure what the message read as I didn't take a picture of it. It was presented with the High Sierra installer UI and not verbose mode.

I've since begun the process all over using Sierra (not High Sierra) in an effort to avoid the bugs currently in UniBeast 8.2. I'm also using the USB 2.0 hub for the boot loader. I've been successful!... mostly. I was able to install Sierra onto my internal HDD and boot from it. However after making adjusting some setting in MultiBeast, installing MultiBeast settings, and restarting I'm experiencing an issue where it just keeps restarting after loading 90% when showing the Apple Logo. I'm hoping it's related to the Ev0reboot.kext as described in this thread.

I'm ultimately going to give up on High Sierra until the issues are ironed out in UniBeast 8.3. I'm going to work a bit more to get Sierra working tonight by putting the restart fix indicated in the linked thread above. Fingers crossed.

I made some progress! :)

The issue appeared to be related to the fact that each port in the Z270 motherboard is USB 3.0. After reading in various other threads encouraging the use of USB 2.0 for the boot loader I grabbed a USB hub that is specifically USB 2.0. After loading the USB boot loader created by UniBeast through the USB 2.0 hub I was able to successfully get to the install screen of High Sierra. I was able to reformat the internal drive.

Unfortunately, once I got there I encountered a message saying something along the lines of "Could not install macOS dues to missing resources". I'm really not exactly sure what the message read as I didn't take a picture of it. It was presented with the High Sierra installer UI and not verbose mode.

I've since begun the process all over using Sierra (not High Sierra) in an effort to avoid the bugs currently in UniBeast 8.2. I'm also using the USB 2.0 hub for the boot loader. I've been successful!... mostly. I was able to install Sierra onto my internal HDD and boot from it. However after making adjusting some setting in MultiBeast, installing MultiBeast settings, and restarting I'm experiencing an issue where it just keeps restarting after loading 90% when showing the Apple Logo. I'm hoping it's related to the Ev0reboot.kext as described in this thread.

I'm ultimately going to give up on High Sierra until the issues are ironed out in UniBeast 8.3. I'm going to work a bit more to get Sierra working tonight by putting the restart fix indicated in the linked thread above. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your replay. I will try usb 2.0 port later this day.
BTW: It seems that Unibeast 8.2 is also incompatible with 10.13.3. The reason why I have to reinstall hackintosh is that I formatted my HDD by mistake. The former OS (10.13.3) was installed by unibeast 8.1, because install progress will get freezed (display 'remaining about 1 minutes' all the time) if the bootable USB was created by 8.2. I was planning to create 10.13.3 USB with unibeast 8.1 and upgrade to 10.13.4, but unfortunately, the backup of 10.13.3 dmg on my mobile HDD seems to be damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back