Contribute
Register

Unibeast 7 - stuck at Installing Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have done that instead of the attached PDF file, but the path "In Console choose /var/log -> install.log." does not exist in my Console directory. There is a "/var/log" folder, but it does not contain "install.log." Screenshot of contents of "/var/log" is attached below.

[Edit: Have just attached another log file in Console; looks more relevant to the Unibeast failure.]
2017-05-27 Console log file.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-05-27 var:log contents.jpg
    2017-05-27 var:log contents.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Had not done that... only turned the triangle down to see contents. OK, now I did click on the /var/log folder, and I saw an "install.log" file. So OK, there is a tremendous amount of small print. Looking for "Unibeast Mac App Store" gave me a headache and I could not find it. I did find references to Clover, and references to Unibeast, though. But I can't find that particular line item. However, here is a text document clipped from the "install.log" report from the first mention of Unibeast through the final failure notice. Hopefully this will be of some use.

Attachments

• Install_log Unibeast Failure.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Clover installer preinstall script failed. Without the complete log it's hard to tell why. It could be a bad copy of UniBeast or something in your system.

Does the circled text in my post #12 attachment help at all? I will try downloading another copy of Unibeast from the tonymacx86 website and try again. If you want the complete log I can attach it beginning with the date, but it will be humongous.

Edit: Attached is the same range of text from Console's Install.log as I sent previously, except it is from a newly-downloaded and installed copy of Unibeast 7.1.1. All the files for the install appear during the "Copy" operation, but when "Installing Bootloader" appears, my CPU cooling fan maxes out and no progress is shown.

Attachments

• 2017-05-29 New Unibeast Install Error.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back