Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Trying to install the Sierra installer onto USB, the file I downloaded from Apple is 'InstallOS.dmg' and opening it reveals 'InstallOS.pkg'. This isn't recognised by Unibeast. Am I right therefore in assuming it is no longer possible to create an installer for Sierra?

Trying to install the Sierra installer onto USB, the file I downloaded from Apple is 'InstallOS.dmg' and opening it reveals 'InstallOS.pkg'. This isn't recognized by Unibeast. Am I right therefore in assuming it is no longer possible to create an installer for Sierra?

You have to run InstallOS.pkg and follow the onscreen instructions. After it finishes you will find a copy of Install macOS Sierra.app in the Applications folder.

However, you may find that Unibeast 7.1.1 may not work with it, see my earlier post :

You have to run InstallOS.pkg and follow the onscreen instructions. After it finishes you will find a copy of Install macOS Sierra.app in the Applications folder.

However, you may find that Unibeast 7.1.1 may not work with it, see my earlier post :

Thanks. The InstallOS.pkg file won't run on Mojave (I get the error message 'This version of macOS 10.12.6 cannot be installed on this computer.') It does run on High Sierra however, but High Sierra has an issue running any version of Unibeast whereupon it stops at the licence agreement prompt and does not recognise any button clicks. This seems to be an easy fix.

However, I have run Unibeast 7.1.1 on Mojave and now am getting the error regarding the installer being incomplete so I will figure that out, there are various threads about this, thanks.

I can't seem to view that link in your post, I tried logging out and back in again. I get the error message 'You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.'

Last edited:
I can't seem to view that link in your post, I tried logging out and back in again. I get the error message 'You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.'

Ah, that post seemed to have been moved by the forum administrator to a place where you can't read it. I might have to ask them.

I searched the threads and tried all suggested methods, a different usb stick, reformatting the stick again, the terminal prompts (even though my installer app was the full size), downloading a new installer etc. and nothing worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back