Contribute
Register

Unibeast 7.1.1 Does not create a EFI bootable USB Installation disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 188658

I'm trying to install Sierra 10.12.6 on a new mobo, a Asrock 270x-itx. I'm running the uni beast on a High Sierra OS, trying to create a UEFI boot able USB stick with Mac OS 10.6 latest installer on it.

But when I finish running the uni beast the USB stick does NOT have a EFI partition with Clover on it.

I see nothing in options or instructions that tells me how unibeast can make a UEFI partition on the stick. So when I put the stick in the new Asrock system the boot manager does not see it and I can't boot from the usb

What am I missing here?

Really frustrated.

I somehow - yet again - messed up an posted this on the High Sierra thread when maybe it should be on the Sierra thread.

In reply to an earlier post: The Disk Utility app of High Sierra does not offer the user the ability to erase and create a GUID Bootable partition - at least as far as I can see. So I am expecting Unibeast to create the EFI partition on the USB stick and to put Clover there, but it doesn't seem to be doing that.

It is creating a Directory called 'EFI' on the single partition of the USB stick and placing Clover there. But the stick is NOT bootable on a UEFI mobo BIOS; the boot manager does not see the boot loader in such a configuration.

What gives?

T

@red-alert, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

It is creating a Directory called 'EFI' on the single partition of the USB stick and placing Clover there.
Move the folder to the EFI partition.

Move the folder to the EFI partition.

Yes I used the terminal to create two partitions on the USB stick one called EFI of size 500MB and the other called USB of the remaining size. This is using the "diskutil partitionDisk disk2 2 MBR EFI 500MB JHFS+ USB -R" (I think) command line.

I then copied the EFI folder (that was created by Unibeast) to the new EFI Partition. Anyway

My guess, is that the problem is caused by my making the USB MBR formatted, Mac OS Journaled. I missed this step.
From the complete directions at:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-7-troubleshooting-notes.203153/

18. If you choose UEFI Boot Mode install, the USB stick MUST be formatted as GPT.

This generally happens because in Disk Utility you're only selecting the individual partition on the USB media, not the entire device. In the top left of Disk Utility click "View" and ensure that "Show All Devices" is selected. Then select the root level device to erase and GUID should now be an option under "Scheme".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back