Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H97 PC Mate
CPU
Intel Xeon E3-1231v3
Graphics
PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 v2
Hello,

I tried to create my first install-usb-stick for my first hackintosh. But I failed a lot and would like to get some help.

My Setup:
A MacBook Air 13" Early 2015, latest macOS Sierra (10.12.2), downloaded Sierra (Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app) and UniBeast 7.0.1, using a Intenso 8GB USB-Stick

Troubleshooting:

1. UniBeast does NOT install anything on your hard drive, it CREATES a bootable USB stick.
Check

2. UniBeast only works on English language systems and is not supported using any other language.
English language - check

3. UniBeast is not supported when running within a VM. Use your native OS X installation instead.
It's a running macOS Sierra 10.12.2 system on a MacBook Air 13", Early 2015

4. UniBeast does not support running from or copying to Case-sensitive file systems.
USB-Sticks Name is "USB", "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" and "GUID Partition Map"

5. UniBeast will only run on Intel 64-bit systems.
Check

6. UniBeast will detect and only works with valid purchased Sierra install applications in /Applications.
Check, file located at /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app

7. UniBeast will erase the destination disk as part of the creation process. Make sure you have backed up any files on the destination before running.
Check

8. It typically takes between 15-30 minutes to complete copying and creating the USB. The time is all based on system and USB type and speed.
Check

9. A UniBeast created 10.12 drive uses approximately 7.42 GB on the destination drive. You can verify this by doing a “Get Info” in the Finder for the USB stick. Note not all 8 GB USB sticks are made alike, make sure your drive has at least 7.6 GB free.
7,68 GB free after formatting - Check

10. UniBeast is a signed installer. Make sure "System Preferences - > Security & Privacy -> General -> Allow applications downloaded from" is checked for "Mac App Store and identified developers" or "Anywhere".
Check

11. When running UniBeast on Lion (OS X 10.7), you must be running OS X 10.7.5 with the OS X Lion 10.7.5 Supplemental Updateinstalled. Otherwise you will see "The operation couldn’t be completed. CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED" in the install.log.
---

12. When running on Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) you must be running OS X 10.6.8 with the Apple Software Installer Update 1.0installed. Otherwise you will see "The operation couldn’t be completed. CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED" in the install.log.
---

13. Most UniBeast failures are due to it not finding your valid purchased copy of Install macOS Sierra.app in /Applications, or the application is incomplete or corrupted.

Your copy of the install application can get corrupted if you copy it off to another folder and/or volume. It could also get corrupted if you have multiple copies of the application and then update it from the Mac App Store. When you update the application the Mac App Store download function is smart and can detect if the original is no longer in /Applications and update it in the new location or it will only update part of it in the new location and create the rest in /Applications, thus creating a spilt update.

To fix this issue you need to delete all copies of "Install OS X xxxxxxx.app" from all mounted volumes and empty the Trash. Then download it again to ensure that you are downloading a clean complete copy from the Mac App Store.
Check - deleted all versions and downloaded again

14. UniBeast will log to ~/Library/Logs/UniBeast.log which is accessible via the Console application

Any failures or errors will be logged during the appropriate phase.
This are the entries:
12/31/16 01:15:03 - Starting UniBeast 7.0.1-20160926
12/31/16 01:15:32 - Mounting Volumes...
12/31/16 01:15:33 - Copying Files...
12/31/16 01:36:41 - Couldn't copy Base System

15. Clover installation logs are written to /var/log/install.log which is accessible via the Console application

Any Clover installation failure logs are written there.
No entries

16. UniBeast will only write to an external drive with a partition of 32 GB or less. Larger drives will need to be partitioned.
Check - using 8GB

17. Failure to write errors are either a bad destination drive or host system USB issues.
I tried a couple of sticks and sd-cards

18. If you choose UEFI Boot Mode install, the USB stick MUST be formatted as GPT.
You mean the option "GUID Partition Map" by creating/erasing the stick? Check!

19. If you choose Legacy Boot Mode install, the USB stick can be formatted as MBR or GPT. If it's MBR then Clover will be installed to the root of the destination drive. If it's GPT Clover will be installed on the EFI partition.
Using UEFI

20. If none of these solve your problem then follow the instructions in http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/85364-unibeast-failure-reporting.html
I'm trying...

In Console choose /var/log -> install.log.
Copy all log entries starting with the line:
"Install: "UniBeast Mac App Store""

And ending with:
Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.

Without this information I cannot determine what the failure is.
There is no entry! *weird*

Some words:
I have so many tries. The last one I set all to zero, deleted all files (APP, UniBeast, ...), formatted the usb-stick, restart the MacBook and downloaded the Install macOS Sierra.app. Then I get the UniBeast 7.0.1 and starting the process. I can choose any option and after I give my password, the tools running. In the first minute it says, it mounts the volume. Then over twentytwo minutes "Copying files" ... and then a break. Failure message "Couldn't copy base system"

In my install.log isn't any entry with "UniBeast" or "Failed". I'm looking in this file: /var/log/install.log

Can you give me a hint?

Sincerely
saschbert

The Rules said:
Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered

Search would have revealed these results.

@P1LGRIM
Thx.

I already have used the search function. I tried to write these in my text. I tried many difference sticks and sd-cards, I restartet the mac, I deleted all files and downloaded again, I tried to edit the writing-permissions, ...
Many of the old threads using other UniBeast- or Mac-Versions ... so I write my own topic.

If you see the failure in my setup and I can't see ... say it ... please ...

Having the same problem here, also using a macbook air 2014 (Except it's running 10.9 ; not sierra)

I got the same error.
After I did not select any Graphics Configuration it works for me. MacOS Sierra 10.12.
If I try to Inject Graphics Configuration NVIDIA it breaks.
Hope this will help :/

I got the same error.
After I did not select any Graphics Configuration it works for me. MacOS Sierra 10.12.
If I try to Inject Graphics Configuration NVIDIA it breaks.
Hope this will help :/

This was exactly my problem also. I tried everything to make it go through but once I selected no injection of video drivers it worked the first time. Now I just need to research how to insert the basic drivers separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back