Contribute
Register

Unibeast 5 or 6 for Yosemite Install in an older PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G1
CPU
i7-4770K/Q87
Graphics
Quadro K2200
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Probably a stupid question, but if using the same Yosemite download from the app store, is there a difference between the way that Unibeast 5.2 installs the OS vs. the way that 6.2 does? Wanting to re-install the OS on an older PC (HP DC7800) which, when I originally did it, I managed only by first installing Mavericks and then upgrading. Well, I want to try a fresh installation of Yosemite again, but given the age of the PC (2009 Core 2 Duo), am wondering if I should use Unibeast 5.2 or 6.2. Thoughts?

Hardware: HP DC7800 (pre-AHCI); Core 2 Duo; Nvidia Quadro K620; 4GB RAM; WD Blue HDD; etc.

Probably a stupid question, but if using the same Yosemite download from the app store, is there a difference between the way that Unibeast 5.2 installs the OS vs. the way that 6.2 does?
UniBeast 5 uses Chimera as the bootloader and supports OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Mavericks, and OS X Yosemite USB creation.
UniBeast 6 uses Clover as the bootloader and supports OS X Yosemite and OS X El Capitan USB creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back