Contribute
Register

UniBeast 5.2.0 Install clear my setup data and does not boot. GA-G31-ES2L + NVIDIA GTS250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-G31M-[E]S2L F4[I]-BIOS , Clover
CPU
Core2Quad Q6600 2,4GHz
Graphics
GEFORCE 9500GT 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
HI Guys. Sorry about my english, but i have another mother language.

I´m new in hackintoshing, but could made a successfully retail installation of Snow Leopard on a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L, bios FG, with 4Gb ram, 2 dvds and 3 hds installed (all IDE ports used). I have a Nvidia GEForce GTS250.

I essentially followed this method:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.br/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

The HD Ive used to install snow leopard was PATA HD. I´ve made that without removing anything as suggested in forums. I´ve leaved both Intel and nVidia graphics chips activated in Setup, and all ok! My setup is a little different from that on article. Ive used "Enhanced" to configure IDE´s, and SETUP does not have "AHCI" option. HPET 64 bits on.

The iBoot let´s me boot Snow Leopard Bootcamp (DVD), and the installations took place on only one monitor (one of NVIDA output), but as soon as installed and rebooted, both nvidia outputs were actives.

As I did not know how to configure MultiBeast (3.10.1) after combo update to 10.6.8 installation, I´ve made by parts. First the only thing I did was configure hd boot, and chose a UserDSDT Install installation, where the only file Ive extracted and putted on my desktop was DSDT.aml I found on internet. I´ve chosen System Utilities both options too. Here where I´ve get the DSDT (look for 1571-ga-g31m-es2l.dmg).

The HD now could boot Snow Leopard, but somewhere in process after reboot a kernel panic occurred. As long as restarted, the system worked.

I´ve used again MultiBeast to configure sound and try to configure net card. The sound works with the selection of most recent VooDooHDA driver (into Universal), but after a kernel panic on restart. I´ve tried also to install network, but the MultiBeast drivers options (Ln2Mac´s, hnak´s and Realtek) didn't work.

To get network working, Ive dragged the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext file I´ve got together with DSDT.aml to /system/library/extentions folder, and after reboot and a kernel panic, the system worked.

Today all works fine, and I´m writing from my hackintosh.

Now I am trying to upgrade to Yosemite OS X.

I've downloaded Yosemite Installer from apple store and tried to install it. The installation begun, but as I restarted the system, all happened as I've done nothing. So, I removed the installation directory from the root file system, and tried UniBeast method, as I found in tonymacx86.

I created the bootable pen drive, and the system boots, showing boot options. I choose Yosemite install, and see the apple logo for a while. After that, the screen darkened itself, and the system froze.

After restarting, I could see the process destroyed my setup data. I have to configure it all from zero. The message "Post filure" and option to choose the "last known good" or other saved setups configurations was showed once, but not as I tried the installation again. Again, the setup data was cleared, now without error or option on reboot. I had to reconfigure it.

Someone could guide me on how to install Yosemite on my motherboard? What is happening with UniBeast method?

Thanks for helps.

Last edited:
Ok! Solved. Remove EvOreboot.kext from {pendreive}/Extra/Extensions after Unibeast has finished, and the system will install normally. This can be done by following commands in a terminal:

cd /Volumes
ls -la

Found in the list showed by last command the directory for your mounted pendrive and dig in.

cd {pendrive}/Extra/Extensions

Than remove Evoreboot with:

sudo rm -r EvOreboot.kext

Type the administrator password when asked for.

Now confirm the remotion of EvOreboot:

ls -la.

and reboot, from pendrive.

(To do so I had to leave hard-drive as my first boot option in setup, and configure my pendrive as first on the boot sequence list. Choosing usb-hdd, in setup or via F12, did not boot it. Power on your machine with pendrive plugged before entering setup.)

All will work, and you will finish with Yosemite running, only without sound.
But be patient as start. The apple screen will take a bit of time to be showed during boot of Yosemite Install, but as soon it was visible, after 20 minutes you will have Yosemite installed.

Now another problem. Set sound... Yet now, no success.

If you have any clue, it will be welcome.

Thanks.

UniBeast 5.2.0 Install clear my setup data and does not boot. Solution, part 2. GA-G31-ES2L + NVIDIA GTS250

Solved - part 2.

After yosemite pendrive install modification on Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L as previously described, I could install OS X. Installed, the system by itself looks to works fine. But, on system test, I verified that "sleep" mode, although seems to work right when invoked by system itself or by "sleep" button, was in fact responsable to destroy, as reported, my cmos setup data; so, on restarting, I had to configure setup every time yosemite has previously sleept.

Looking for solutions, I found an InsanelyMac article titled "AppleRTC patch (CMOS reset)", wich blemes "AppleRTC.kext" for the problem. A pach to this kext is suggested there, changing one of appleRTC bytes from hexadecimal value "75" to "eb". This change forbids RTC kext from writing anything on cmos. Following, the commands as found there and executed in my system [ after backup of the original appleRTC file, of course ]:

[ sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC /Extra/AppleRTC_original ]

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

As I could research, the best solution perhaps would be a DSDT patch; but as I don't know how to edit my DSDT yet, this is what is working for me.

Now, all work without problem: sleep, restart, shutdown, and so on!

So, the clue is posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back