I7-8700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hydro 11 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
See attached image:

No boot flags that I can think of seem to work, always the same message/kernel panic.

Same system/components that worked perfectly under 10.9, same USB drive that has always worked for installing 10.9

Not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    981.9 KB · Views: 311
Dude you're lucky I can't even get into the installer, it's giving me the error parsing plist file thing and won't let me boot :banghead:

UniBeast 5.0 created installer generates kernel panic - Progress made

UGH! OK - got past the Kernel Panic with boot arg

-no-zp

that let me get to the installer.

However, upon reboot...to finish the install process...had to boot into safe mode..which then let the install happen...however, after finishing entering the usual options after install (country, language, etc) the system would hang just as the desktop almost loaded.

rebooting required yosemite USB installer and would go to a black screen right after load screen.

no joy yet.

OK - next step

-x -f -v

now I'm at desktop and logged in and have multibeast going. Lots of weird graphical glitches when initially logging in. Wonder if nVidia web drivers will eliminate that.

About to reboot. Wish me luck.

ok. rebooting yielded curious results. The boot progress bar starts out very, very slowly..then about 40% of the way to where it would get to before loading desktop it..just...crawls..to a halt and freezes. No KP, nothing. It just stops loading.

I can boot into safe mode..and that's about it.

going to try to reinstall and see what happens.

ok. rebooting yielded curious results. The boot progress bar starts out very, very slowly..then about 40% of the way to where it would get to before loading desktop it..just...crawls..to a halt and freezes. No KP, nothing. It just stops loading.

I can boot into safe mode..and that's about it.

going to try to reinstall and see what happens.

maxmem=4096

that got me passed that bit not finished though.

for me i can "sometimes" avoid this and complete the installation if i use boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No maxmem=4096

This works instead of physically removing one stick of RAM, but still after i complete the installation system always freezes when i boot normally, i am not sure if it is RAM related or IGPU injection related .. i am suspecting the second ...

you can also try

GraphicsEnabler=No -x maxmem=4096

The above line will sure make it work past installation (i think)

But the question is, can you get your system to "not freeze" after you complete installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back