Contribute
Register

Unibeast 5.0.0 can't find /system/library/kernels/mach_kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK we've identified an issue in the Laptop Support option in UniBeast 5.0.0 that will cause this.

If you're not on a laptop make sure you don't have the following two lines in ANY /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist on your system as it is no longer needed:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/mach_kernel</string>

Sorry for any confusion- we will have UniBeast 5.0.1 available soon. :thumbup:

Yeeeeh!!! It's work! Thanks Tony for HELP!!

Wrote from Yosemite!!! previous version - Maverick!!

Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 19.36.37.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 19.36.37.png

The kernel location HAS changed to /System/Library/Kernels/kernel. I suggest you read the bottom bit of this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/apple-news-rumors/143655-os-x-yosemite-now-available-mac-app-store.html

Chimera, UniBeast, and MultiBeast have been updated to use the new location for 10.10. You MUST boot Yosemite using the newest Chimera available. It will not work with any old versions.

I too am getting the "Can't find /mach_kernel" when attempting to boot from usb key.

Have looked in the org.chameleon.boot.plist file on the usb drive but cannot see any code as detailed above :

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/mach_kernel</string>

Any ideas?

Thanks

I did exactly what you said (delete 2 lines), and then the usb was booted, but after 15s, my screen is off and I don't know why. :evil:
Anyone helps?
Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 20.31.49.png

hello im running a probook 4430s series 6 after apple logo loads i get stuck at grey screen with mouse pointer, deleted <key>kernel<key> <string>mach_kernel<string> smbios.plist is in /Extra tried boot flags IGPEnabler=No/Yes GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes dart=0 -x -v -f still getting stuck right before installation screen. PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back