Contribute
Register

UniBeast 4.0 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast 4.0 Update

I have four external USB hard drives that used to work with Unibeast 3 and now Unibeast 4 can not recognise any of them for the creation of the install disk even though they are formatted as per the guide. This really looks like some kind of bug in 4.0 rather than a drive issue.

I really don't want to buy a slow USB stick when I have extra USB 3.0 hard drives that used to be acceptable to Unibeast 3 unless I simply have no choice.

Any thoughts?

are they are set to MBR?

How can I install on my external HDD with this version, because v4.0 cant detect my HDD, but the previously version works fine. I have an 160GB external journaled disk with OSX 10.9.4 booteable. I format and partitioned my drive again (1 partition or 2 partitions), but the v4.0 cant detect my HDD and says need a 7GB or more for install UNIBEAST, please fix this error, because a HDD with lots of GB is very best for me for backup my installed programs and one solution recovery for emergency. THANKS!!!

How can I install on my external HDD with this version, because v4.0 cant detect my HDD, but the previously version works fine. I have an 160GB external journaled disk with OSX 10.9.4 booteable. I format and partitioned my drive again (1 partition or 2 partitions), but the v4.0 cant detect my HDD and says need a 7GB or more for install UNIBEAST, please fix this error, because a HDD with lots of GB is very best for me for backup my installed programs and one solution recovery for emergency. THANKS!!!
UniBeast was designed to create a bootable USB stick. It was never designed or promised to work on external hard drives.

I am having the same problem that others are reporting with both a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 32GB and 16GB usb sticks. I get the "No disk available to install on" error. I'm not worried, as my computer is running beautifully; nor am I frustrated. I'm just wondering if there are any workarounds / fixes planned or should I purchase a replacement usb stick?

I am having the same problem that others are reporting with both a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 32GB and 16GB usb sticks. I get the "No disk available to install on" error. I'm not worried, as my computer is running beautifully; nor am I frustrated. I'm just wondering if there are any workarounds / fixes planned or should I purchase a replacement usb stick?
We are working on a fix for Sandisk USB sticks and hope to release soon.

if anyone gets an error stating "selected Mac OS X installer is incomplete" during installation I had to move Mavericks app to the applications folder for it to work. just a fyi

if anyone gets an error stating "selected Mac OS X installer is incomplete" during installation I had to move Mavericks app to the applications folder for it to work. just a fyi

That's what it says in the Instructions. Step 1 item 3.

"The Application Install OS X Mavericks will appear in /Applications."

That's what happens when you download it from the App Store and so that's where Unibeast expects to find it.

That's what it says in the Instructions. Step 1 item 3.

"The Application Install OS X Mavericks will appear in /Applications."

That's what happens when you download it from the App Store and so that's where Unibeast expects to find it.

This needs to be more explicit in the instructions, or better still, make the dialog a bit more informative, explaining where the installer has to be. It's extremely unfriendly since many people will move it to their archives or some other place.

The proper solution would be to offer the user to select the installer location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back