Contribute
Register

Unibeast 4.0 doesn't support USB hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received official word that Unibeast 4.0 does not support USB hard drives via another thread I had posted a reply to.

So if you created a Unibeast 3.0 hard drive for installation (as I did) and want to create a Unibeast 4.0 installation disk, it will have to be with a USB stick. Please plan accordingly. :geek:

Possible solution is formatting the drive to 8gb irrespective of it's size

I have now tried Unibeast 4.0 under 10.9.4 on

- MacBook Air (Authentic): "No Disk Available To Install On"
- MacBook Pro (Authentic): "No Disk Available To Install On"
- Two Mac Pros (Authentic): "No Disk Available To Install On"
- Hackintosh Pro on both USB 3.0 and USB 2 ports: "No Disk Available To Install On"

None of my four USB hard drives are recognized by Unibeast 4.0 on ANY machine :banghead:

These drives used to work under Unibeast 3.

Do I really have to go out and buy a slow USB stick to use Unibeast 4?

Might be a little late but here is what I did.

I figured unibeast did not like the size of the drive so I partitioned the HDD to 2 partitions first partition 16gb second one the rest off the disk but set to free space free space all worked fine after that...

Hope this is helpful

Beancow!

I figured unibeast did not like the size of the drive so I partitioned the HDD to 2 partitions first partition 16gb second one the rest off the disk but set to free space free space all worked fine after that...

Hope this is helpful

Beancow!

Absolutely correct. It still works this way to install to an external USB hard drive and makes the installation that bit smoother and faster too.

:thumbup:

Hope this is helpful

Beancow!

Thank you very much. This fixed the issue for me.

Trick with 16Gb partition helps me. Thanks!

Hi I just found a solution. If you create a partition less than 16GB in the hard drive then UniBeast will recognize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back