Contribute
Register

Unibeast 4.0 doesn't support USB hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Extreme, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 4 x WD 3TB HDs
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K (Quad Core; Haswell)
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce 3 GTX 780 3GB (Not Overclocked)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. LC
  3. Performa
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I am trying to create a new Unibeast install drive with a USB hard drive (as I have done in the past) but Unibeast 4.0 tells me "No Disk Available To Install On" which is absolutely not correct.

Am I missing something?

I had this, had to use a different USB port in the end. Could be worth a try? Equally, does it show up in Disk Utility? Worth re-formatting perhaps?

I had this, had to use a different USB port in the end. Could be worth a try? Equally, does it show up in Disk Utility? Worth re-formatting perhaps?

The disk shows up fine in Disk Utility and I've now tried two different USB hard drives which are both known good and formatted as per the guide. I used the same USB port as the last time I created a Unibeast USB hard drive installation disk and I also just tried several other USB ports on the system so I am really wondering if this is a bug in Unibeast 4.0...

I am trying to create a new Unibeast install drive with a USB hard drive (as I have done in the past) but Unibeast 4.0 tells me "No Disk Available To Install On" which is absolutely not correct.

Am I missing something?

See this thread for an explanation : Link.

Good Luck

See this thread for an explanation : Link.

Good Luck

Thanks. I would imagine that Unibeast could be modified to accept USB hard drives to work around the issue noted in the link. I've installed Mac OS X from hard drives in the past on authentic Mac Pros and it worked fine so I would still classify this issue as a bug in Unibeast 4.0 at the moment.

Thanks. I would imagine that Unibeast could be modified to accept USB hard drives to work around the issue noted in the link. I've installed Mac OS X from hard drives in the past on authentic Mac Pros and it worked fine so I would still classify this issue as a bug in Unibeast 4.0 at the moment.

As a workaround have you considered using Unibeast 3 ?

Download Link

Good Luck

As a workaround have you considered using Unibeast 3 ?

Download Link

Good Luck

I have a working Unibeast 3 install hard drive which is fine but now out of date in terms of software. It's still usable to boot the system when something goes wrong with the boot loader I have on the EFI partition though.

I am looking to create a new Unibeast 4.0 drive with 10.9.4 for future installs as I will be converting another machine into a Hack Pro in the near future.

I have now tried Unibeast 4.0 under 10.9.4 on

- MacBook Air (Authentic): "No Disk Available To Install On"
- MacBook Pro (Authentic): "No Disk Available To Install On"
- Two Mac Pros (Authentic): "No Disk Available To Install On"
- Hackintosh Pro on both USB 3.0 and USB 2 ports: "No Disk Available To Install On"

None of my four USB hard drives are recognized by Unibeast 4.0 on ANY machine :banghead:

These drives used to work under Unibeast 3.

Do I really have to go out and buy a slow USB stick to use Unibeast 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back