Contribute
Register

UniBeast 3.0 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast 3.0 Update

Doesn't work with a ga-z87-ud4h and GTX260 graphics. I've tried it from every USB port and the install doesn't boot. On USB 3, chameleon boots but when I select the USB stick it boots up to the "apple" screen then after a while overlays a circle with a slash through it icon over the apple and sits there forever. When booting from USB 2, it boots to the "apple" screen which churns for a while then goes blank forever with no power to the screen.

Thank you Tony & team! I'm impressed on how quickly you got this update out! It pretty easy and straight forward install as well. First time I've done it this way and I have it nearly working. Just neead to tackle a graphics problem but it worked with the IGP. I'll troublehoot this some more on my own or in one of the forums.

GA-Z68XP-UD3P (firmware U1g) + i5-2500K

Thanks for the update.
UB 3.0 built the new USB fine.
Does not load the Installer on my Old Dell-530 (P31 chipset with GT240 graphics).
It hangs after loading NVDANV50HAL.....(tried all sorts of boot flags like -x, PCIRoot=,GE=yes and IGPE=No, etc without joy)
Fixed this by adding my DSDT.AML to the USB and copying the boot.plist & smbios.plist from my ML build to USB /Extra.
Installer came up fine after that and installed 10.9 successfully.
On restart, booted via USB but select 10.9 partition. Did not boot...dreaded "Still waiting for root...."
Fixed this by booting ML partition and applying MB 6.0 onto the 10.9 partition using my ML DSDT.aml, boot.plist and smbios.plist.
Booted 10.9 fine and continued to set up Country, User, etc...

In summary, I had to customise UB 3.0 USB for my PC to install 10.9.

Transfer Maverics to USB via UniBeast... Boot from flash,after apple logo, I got black screen... ?

Gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r
i7 950
12gb ram
gtx 470

Any suggestions?

Greatings from Serbia!

Article: UniBeast 3.0 Update

Transfer Maverics to USB via UniBeast... Boot from flash,after apple logo, I got black screen... ?

Gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r
i7 950
12gb ram
gtx 470

Any suggestions?

Greatings from Serbia!

I have a GA-EP45-UD3LR and geoforce nvidia card as well and had the same issue. I had to use the boot flags below to see the installation screen. After using these flags I also had to wait about a minute for the installation screen after I got a white screen. Be patient!

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back