Contribute
Register

Unibeast 3.0.1 Maverick install rebootloop after Apple boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
o.k now it will let me boot into the Macintosh HD but will show the grey loading symbol and the apple logo but has not moved on from there for about 15 min

Try with boot flags:
IGPlatformID=0a260006 dart=0

OK got it to boot but the enter key and the track pad do not work. I can use an external mouse but it would be nice to have the track pad. Would Multibeast be the next step to solve those issues? I also cant display osx and my native 1920 by 1080 resolution.

OK got it to boot but the enter key and the track pad do not work. I can use an external mouse but it would be nice to have the track pad. Would Multibeast be the next step to solve those issues? I also cant display osx and my native 1920 by 1080 resolution.

I think it is likely you did not create your Unibeast USB with "Laptop Support"...

What trackpad is in your laptop?

To enable native resolution you must use the bootflag I mentioned in my prior post. It may not work until you get bootloader and power management working properly (because of lack of "Laptop Support" on your USB).

Next step is Multibeast, but you need to go slow: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

This is a one step at a time, solve one problem at a time kind of thing.

BTW, your profile needs to be improved...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

ok When I boot in I have to use the -x -v boot flags to start. once I get in I used multibeast then selected the DSDT-Free Installation. then I selected the imac smbios 14,2 then built the software and reboot. When I reboot it just gives me
boot0: gtp
boot0: test
boot0: error

this seems to be a bad mistake due to the fact that I can not get into the bootloader and I am out of ideas

I figured out that if I boot from the usb key first I can still access the os and now it works at native resolution can I try fixing something from here?

ok When I boot in I have to use the -x -v boot flags to start. once I get in I used multibeast then selected the DSDT-Free Installation. then I selected the imac smbios 14,2 then built the software and reboot. When I reboot it just gives me
boot0: error

this seems to be a bad mistake due to the fact that I can not get into the bootloader and I am out of ideas

A search would have found: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

- - - Updated - - -

I figured out that if I boot from the usb key first I can still access the os and now it works at native resolution can I try fixing something from here?

That's a positive sign that a correct smbios is helping...

Hey there, I have been out of country of late but I am back and thought I would give it another shot. I have got the system to boot off the system drive at 1080p without any boot flags. The new issue is that my synaptic touch pad is not working along with my Ethernet adapter(wireless or wired). I am also experiencing weird artifacts on the screen on the toolbar. Lastly there is no audio.

Any direction to posts or downloads would greatly help

Hey there, I have been out of country of late but I am back and thought I would give it another shot. I have got the system to boot off the system drive at 1080p without any boot flags. The new issue is that my synaptic touch pad is not working along with my Ethernet adapter(wireless or wired). I am also experiencing weird artifacts on the screen on the toolbar. Lastly there is no audio.

Any direction to posts or downloads would greatly help

Ethernet is only wired (no such thing as wireless Ethernet).

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Synaptics: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

ok I got everything working now but the wifi due to an unsupported card as far as I can tell.The card is an intel n-7260. I am also finding is that my battery is lasting about 45 mins where as in windows 7 I can get up to 4 hours. the only thing I am doing in os x is using vox to play music and browse the web with my screen brightness turned as low as I can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back