Contribute
Register

Unibeast 3.0.1 Maverick install rebootloop after Apple boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. This is my first post on the forum so I apologize in advance if I miss anything important. I have the Lenovo z710 and I have tried to install mavericks on the system. After I install the os onto my hard drive the system will reboot into chimera. when I select the hard drive the system will show me the apple logo and then restart. I have no idea what is going on as I am new to hackintoshes and kernels. When I try to boot in verbose mode it will say no ACPI table found or no DTSD but will continue on and continue the reboot cycle. When I try to boot from the hard drive directly it gives me the error of " No boot able devices detected". Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am sitting with an unusable laptop at the moment.

Here is the link to the laptop specs
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...ow:SimpleSiteSearch?cc=ca&lang=en&q=z710&ff=2

thanks again

Hi there. This is my first post on the forum so I apologize in advance if I miss anything important. I have the Lenovo z710 and I have tried to install mavericks on the system. After I install the os onto my hard drive the system will reboot into chimera. when I select the hard drive the system will show me the apple logo and then restart. I have no idea what is going on as I am new to hackintoshes and kernels. When I try to boot in verbose mode it will say no ACPI table found or no DTSD but will continue on and continue the reboot cycle. When I try to boot from the hard drive directly it gives me the error of " No boot able devices detected". Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am sitting with an unusable laptop at the moment.

Here is the link to the laptop specs
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...ow:SimpleSiteSearch?cc=ca&lang=en&q=z710&ff=2

thanks again

Did you patch mach_kernel on the HDD?

See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

When I tried to patch the kernel it gave me the error "cp: /Volumes/mach_kernel does not exist"

Do you mean patch the kernel from the installation or patch it back on the original os x machine?

When I tried to patch the kernel it gave me the error "cp: /Volumes/mach_kernel does not exist"

Read the instructions carefully. There will be no mach_kernel at /Volumes/

Do you mean patch the kernel from the installation or patch it back on the original os x machine?

First step is patching the mach_kernel on the USB.

After a fresh install, vanilla mach_kernel will be on your HDD. Next step is to use Terminal from within the OS X installer to copy (patched) mach_kernel from the USB to the HDD, so you can complete the installation process.

ok so I tried to patch the kernel on the usb to start. I entered in the first line and this came up..

usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file target_file
cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file ... target_director

So I though ok keep going no worries... then when I try to boot into the installer nothing happens and I get a reboot. This was not an issue before and I was wondering if you might know the issue?

ok so I tried to patch the kernel on the usb to start. I entered in the first line and this came up..

usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file target_file
cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file ... target_director

So I though ok keep going no worries... then when I try to boot into the installer nothing happens and I get a reboot. This was not an issue before and I was wondering if you might know the issue?

You didn't use 'cp' with correct syntax. Read it carefully and type the command exactly (with the changes appropriate for your situation).

If you need help, respond here with the *exact* command you're using.

here is the first command
cp /Volumes/Mavericks/mach_kernel~/Desktop/mach_kernel_backup

here is the second command
/Volumes/Mavericks/mach_kernel~/Desktop/mach_kernel

Third
cd ~ /Desktop

then the perl commands
then finish up with

cp mach_kernel /Volumes/Mavericks/mach_kernel

here is the first command
cp /Volumes/Mavericks/mach_kernel~/Desktop/mach_kernel_backup

Incorrect. You're missing a space... should be: