Contribute
Register

Unibeast 3.0.1 Maverick install rebootloop after Apple boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did make a Unibeast-stick with Laptop Support as described in the Guide.

I tried IGPEnabler=No -x ending up in the Welcome screen where you can choose your country etc.
No usb-mouse or trackpad. Only buildin keyboard which is responding way to fast..

"Keyboard" is responding "to [sic] fast"?? I'm confused... How does a keyboard respond too fast??

Could Bios Settings help here?

It is my first EFI experience, and the setting look a little strange...
It is a Phoenix SecureCore Technology EFI/Bios.
I only can start the Unibeast with the setting "Legacy OS Defaults"

It does not have a lot of settings....

I'll take a few pictures..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    709.2 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    785.4 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 179
"Keyboard" is responding "to [sic] fast"?? I'm confused... How does a keyboard respond too fast??

When I want to Select e.g. the language with the arrow keys it jumps almost to the bottom. Going up goes almost back to to the Top. Or with The TaB-key to select a different field it is just luck when you select the right field.

This does only happend in the OSX Welcome screen or in the screen where is stops with -v.
In the boot screen of Unibeast/Chimera I can type normal.

When I want to Select e.g. the language with the arrow keys it jumps almost to the bottom. Going up goes almost back to to the Top. Or with The TaB-key to select a different field it is just luck when you select the right field.

This does only happend in the OSX Welcome screen or in the screen where is stops with -v.
In the boot screen of Unibeast/Chimera I can type normal.

It sounds like the ps2 drivers are not working very well (assuming your laptop has a ps2 keyboard/trackpad). You might try my driver instead (I usually replace the ones provided by Unibeast with my own).

See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Place them in /Extra/Extensions on the USB. Please read the installation instructions and remove any existing drivers from that location prior.

Well that fixed the SMC ERRORS, but still a stop in verbose mode
See picture. Pen is pointing your voodoops2.kext

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 215
Result with -x -v and IGPEnabler=No end in:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 223
Result with -x -v and IGPEnabler=No end in:

What is on your /Extra/Extensions on your USB at this point?

Code:
# in Terminal
ls -l /Volumes/Installer/Extra/Extensions

Make sure you give it adequate time to reach the installer. The Mavericks installer is not quick on hacks. It is much, much slower than ML.

What is on your /Extra/Extensions on your USB at this point?

Code:
# in Terminal
ls -l /Volumes/Installer/Extra/Extensions

Make sure you give it adequate time to reach the installer. The Mavericks installer is not quick on hacks. It is much, much slower than ML.

I'll let you know later today what is in /Extra/Extensions on my Unibeast-USB. But i'm trying to start the first time boot of the HD installed with Mavericks. So i put your VoodooPS2.kext also in /Extra/Extensions on the Mavericks HD.

Last night I let it run for an hour to reach the installer, but still stuck on same point.
As earlier trying to boot with only -x and IGPEnabler=No does not bring me anymore in the Welcome screen.

I'll let you know later today what is in /Extra/Extensions on my Unibeast-USB. But i'm trying to start the first time boot of the HD installed with Mavericks. So i put your VoodooPS2.kext also in /Extra/Extensions on the Mavericks HD.

Mavericks HD?? I thought you hadn't reached the installer yet? Make sure you follow all instructions for my verison (you cannot have older versions present at the same time).

Mavericks HD?? I thought you hadn't reached the installer yet? Make sure you follow all instructions for my verison (you cannot have older versions present at the same time).

Hello RehabMan,

Sorry for the confusion. I'm stuck in: "STEP 5: Post-Installation Using MultiBeast, nr. 4".
So i boot from USB-Unibeast- stick, and select in Chimera screen, the Mavericks HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back