Contribute
Register

Unibeast 10 for catalina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you have to use an iPad with Sidecar or need to watch Apple TV+ there's really no reason to upgrade to Catalina yet. It has many more bugs than Mojave and is not as stable yet. Not sure why everyone is in a big rush to upgrade. You can put the Catalina wallpapers on your desktop and imagine you've got Catalina and it's just as good. Can do everything that Catalina can and some things it can't like run 32 bit apps.

Unless you have to use an iPad with Sidecar or need to watch Apple TV+ there's really no reason to upgrade to Catalina yet. It has many more bugs than Mojave and is not as stable yet. Not sure why everyone is in a big rush to upgrade. You can put the Catalina wallpapers on your desktop and imagine you've got Catalina and it's just as good. Can do everything that Catalina can and some things it can't like run 32 bit apps.

Agreed don’t need it, but just want it ... part of the joy of tinkering with some of the new apps.

For example, one thing that is interesting was elimination of iTunes and seeing how the new built-in Finder iOS device management support worked. Nothing too exciting but interesting.

It has many more bugs than Mojave and is not as stable yet. Not sure why everyone is in a big rush to upgrade.

ok you made some valid points. it's just i have 2 comps to upgrade from capitan, or high sierra, wanted to upgrade directly to catalina, but you are right, i will stay with mojave on all my comps for now. we'll see next year :)

It looks like Tonymacx's main MultiBeast/UniBeast developer is missing. It's probably time for Tonymacx to post the code on GitHub for the community to update it.

BTW, it's very easy to make one yourself as there are many guides on how to do it without Unibeast.

Unibeast and Multibeast are both being worked on and will be released. Catalina has many new requirements for third party software that must be met before UB and MB will work properly. Does anyone have any patience anymore ? Catalina 10.15 through 10.15.3 is pretty much more beta testing in my opinion. It's not a finished product by any means.

Last edited:
Trolls.png

Does anyone have any patience anymore ? It took Apple 6 years to refresh the Mac Pro and 4 years for the Mac mini. You're having to wait a few months for these apps why is that a problem ?

There are newbies who have zero experience how to do hackintosh so they need the tools to help them to get started. That's why I suggested posting the codes on github so the community can update it quickly.

I normally wait till Xcode is not supported on the previous till I’m really compelled to upgrade. Same with real Macs actually for stability reasons. Also the 32-bit support is still a bit of an issue for some things (couple neat games I like but nothing too big deal.)

I’m looking at building a new hack next year and may jump to Catalina but who knows.

The big thing I’m holding off on is clover. I know I need to update it but the big new structure put me off since everything is so stable right now.

Next year...

Thank you all of you that work on this, it’s greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back