1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
lmlub.jpg
UniBeast has been updated to 1.7 for Lion and Mountain Lion. The latest versions are available for download at tonymacx86.com/downloads.

Changes:

• [*=left]Improved error handling
    [*=left]Removed misleading messages
    [*=left]Streamlined backend script
    [*=left]Added backwards compatibility when running on Snow Leopard
    [*=left]Signed for Gatekeeper

Please do not upload or redistribute UniBeast to any other sites.

If this utility has helped you, please consider a contribution to support further UniBeast development. Thanks in advance, and enjoy!

Related Posts:
Installation Guide - OS X 10.8 - UniBeast for Mountain Lion
Installation Guide - OS X 10.7 - UniBeast for Lion
UniBeast.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job MacMan. If you could only upgrade Unibeast to include Snow Leopard I might be able to run OSX on my old ZBOXHD-ID40-U so my father could use Front Row to watch movies on his TV. :)

THX! Maybe this will help to eliminate errors "getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a"
You need your purchased Install Mac OS X Lion.app in the Applications folder before you can install
ButOS X 10.8has already been purchased and located in the "Applications" and "launchpad". How can I fix this? Do not want to re-download a large amount of data.

Article: UniBeast 1.7 Update

Before UniBeast can run /Applications/Install OS X Mountain Lion.app or /Applications/Install Mac OS X Lion.app (depending on version of UniBeast) must exist. If you moved or renamed it, using the wrong version or you are running on a non-english system you will get that message.

Previous version worked ok for me. But will need to use smthing next week so will try this out.

Article: UniBeast 1.7 Update

Your message says "You need your purchased Install Mac OS X Lion.app in the Applications folder before you can install"

You say you have OSX 10.8 which is Mountain Lion, not Lion. You need Unibeast for Mountain Lion.

Thanks for the update MacMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back