Contribute
Register

UniBeast 1.7 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem as mickyaficky. I carefully formatted an 8,4 GB USB stick as described in http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html on a Mac with Dutch language setting.
I have a Dutch install "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" sized 24.1 Mb
After I start Unibeast and select the 8,4 GB USB drive.
Unibeast reports to use 7,8 MB
I don't install extra support and click install, enter the admin password and installation starts.
It reports that it starts configuring and writes files, but the the install aborts with the error message " The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." There is no other failure reporting as far as I can find.

Could it be caused by using a Dutch language Mac, or Dutch OS X Mountain Lion?
That sould not be the issue since I know for sure that others have used the same install.
I have tried multiple USB sticks, all with the same result.
Any help very much appreciated...

im keep getting the error when i try to make it? what would be the problem.
everything is in correct setting, what would it be?? any one with same issue?

Article: UniBeast 1.7 Update

I have the same problem as mickyaficky. I carefully formatted an 8,4 GB USB stick as described in http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html on a Mac with Dutch language setting.
I have a Dutch install "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" sized 24.1 Mb
After I start Unibeast and select the 8,4 GB USB drive.
Unibeast reports to use 7,8 MB
I don't install extra support and click install, enter the admin password and installation starts.
It reports that it starts configuring and writes files, but the the install aborts with the error message " The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." There is no other failure reporting as far as I can find.

Could it be caused by using a Dutch language Mac, or Dutch OS X Mountain Lion?
That sould not be the issue since I know for sure that others have used the same install.
I have tried multiple USB sticks, all with the same result.
Any help very much appreciated...

What i had to do to get it working with the previous version is to rename the Dutch install app to the correct English name. Worked perfect afterwards...

The certificate is valid.

If you are running on Snow Leopard you MUST install "Apple Software Installer Update 1.0" to install the latest Apple Certificate Authority for UniBeast to be recognized.

Doesn't work for me whether I'm using Mountain Lion or Snow Leopard to run unibeast. Awfully weird considering all versions before 1.7 worked fine. But now, using either a REAL 10.6.8 Macbook Pro, or my 10.8.2 desktop hackintosh, INSTALLATION FAILS. Any ideas anyone??

Doesn't work for me whether I'm using Mountain Lion or Snow Leopard to run unibeast. Awfully weird considering all versions before 1.7 worked fine. But now, using either a REAL 10.6.8 Macbook Pro, or my 10.8.2 desktop hackintosh, INSTALLATION FAILS. Any ideas anyone??
As been posted many times in numerous threads on the forum: UniBeast Failure Reporting

Unibeast runs fine even on non english systems. Mine is set to german and there are no issues. Most issues might be due to incomplete download packages or other sources thereof without MAS receipt. Buy it & do not steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back