Contribute
Register

UniBeast 1.7.0: install failure - src: 10.7 thumb drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, you have avoided answering what is the model and part number printed on the USB you purchased from Apple.

You hadn't asked me to give that info yet. Hard for me to answer that question if it hasn't been asked. I don't have access to this information (as I'm not part of IT here). Any way to pull it from the thumb drive itself (build number, etc)?

You hadn't asked me to give that info yet. Hard for me to answer that question if it hasn't been asked. I don't have access to this information (as I'm not part of IT here). Any way to pull it from the thumb drive itself (build number, etc)?
In Terminal do:

Code:
ls -la [FONT=Helvetica]/Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install/[/FONT]

and post the output.

Also what is the model and part number printed on it?

I asked that previously in http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/...-failure-src-10-7-thumb-drive.html#post545222 and quoted it above.

I see it now. Apologies there. If there is no way to pull the part number from the thumb drive itself though, then I can't answer the question.

Since I can't find the project on github, I'm assuming this is not something that you've open sourced. As such, I'm not sure you'll help me here since UniBeast doesn't recognize the thumb drive (for whatever reason). As I stated before, I'd be happy to help expand UniBeast to be more dynamic (and possibly also no longer have to ship multiple binaries down for different source locations).

Any further help would be appreciated, but please be a little less abrasive about it. You don't foster a very constructive community if your response to people right off the bat is "you're wrong."

UniBeast ONLY works with the Apple Lion USB or the Install applications purchased and downloaded from the Mac App Store. There will never be support for any other type of media as that can easily be pirated.

And I'm saying that not only is this a legit thumb drive, but that I'd be willing to help detect for that and work with it. I suspect anyone else wishing to use a thumb drive that covers multiple machines (not just a single user thumb drive) will also run into this issue. Fortunately for you, that is a very small portion of the population here, but we still exist.

Thanks anyways and good luck moving forward.

You may call this a legitimate thumb drive but it does not conform to what UniBeast will ever support.

If you want to continue to be a member on this site and use our tools you will need to use what UniBeast supports:

OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive
Install Mac OS X Lion.app
Install OS X Mountain Lion.app

Usage of anything else is considered piracy and will result in a permanent ban.

Topic and discussion closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back