1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
unibeast_mtlion.png
UniBeast has been updated to 1.6 for Lion and Mountain Lion. The latest versions are available for download at tonymacx86.com/downloads.

Changes:

• [*=left]Updated Atheros network driver to Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2
    [*=left]Updated Intel Ethernet network driver to Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.1.7
    [*=left]Added progress messages to install.log
    [*=left]Added better error messages to install.log for failed installs.

Please do not upload or redistribute UniBeast to any other sites.

If this utility has helped you, please consider a contribution to support further UniBeast development. Thanks in advance, and enjoy!

Related Posts:
Installation Guide - OS X 10.8 - UniBeast for Mountain Lion
Installation Guide - OS X 10.7 - UniBeast for Lion

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it on my test rig works perfect. Thanks

Thanks for the update.

An update, yaaaaaaaaay.

thanks, i will test on new CPU

Article: UniBeast 1.6 Update

If you are having issues create a topic in http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/ with your UniBeast install logs in your post. You can access the installation logs using the Console program in Utilities.

In Console choose /var/log -> install.log.

Copy all log entries starting with the line:

"UniBeast Mac App Store Mountain Lion Installation Log" or "UniBeast Mac App Store Lion Installation Log"

And ending with:

"Displaying 'Install Failed' UI."

Without this information I cannot determine what the failure is.

Posting the installed failed message is useless and a waste of time. You MUST post the install.log to get assistance or to fix any bugs. Any posts stating installed failed with no information will be deleted.

Having problems with 1.6 too. Any chance you could post a link to 1.5.3, as I'm in a bit of a fix? I was trying a clean install yesterday and after not being able to get Unibeast to work, I foolishy tried a different method to get a bootable USB (can't even remember the name, was French though) - this somehow affected my installed system and made it unbootable.

I've now not got a working osx86 system, I've got iBoot and a SL dvd so hopefully that should get me to 10.6.8, then I'll use Unibeast to get back to 10.8.2.

Any help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back