Contribute
Register

UniBeast 1.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use external USB HD and not USB stick

Did you choose Master Boot Record under Options and name drive USB?

It seems that some USB sticks don't work reliably. Mine took almost an hour to create but I could not install ML from it. Try installing Unibeast on an external HD.

EVGA 730i with NVIDIA 9300 integrated, CPU Q8200 @2.33GHz, 4GB of RAM. Writing from my new Mountain Lion mackintosh. Installation went extremely smooth. OS X recognized the integrated video card out of the box. Installed at full resolution. However had issues with the bootloader - with both Chimera and Cameleon. Ended up with installing Tony's remix theme from Multibeast and copying the Extra folder from Unibeast onto the HDD. Since then booting up is quick and smooth. Everything works out of the box (no kexts) including sleep, restart and shutdown with one exception: audio doesn't work - need to look into it.
As a note, I had to remove the PCI-E Gen 2 GeForce 7200GS since it didn't work.
Geekbench score: 5429

EDIT: Last update - have CMOS reset issue an addition to audio not working. Tried to patch AppleRTC.kext with different values as well tried 5-6 already patched AppleRTC.kexts. Nothing worked. Still researching.

Tony & Team: thanks very much for your fabulous work! I had some challenges getting things up and running from 10.7.4 Lion, but I worked through those the old-fashioned way; I read comments, forum posts, and ultimately a combination of the efforts of others resulted in success.

UniBeast 1.5.0 did not make my USB flash properly. Worked around this by using UB1.4.0 after copying the ML app to /Applications.

Only managed to get ML to install by using PCIRootUID=0. After that could not boot at all without -x safe mode, but once that was done using MB4.6.1 to install EasyBeast, SysUtils, and Unified Audio Injector with HDARollback I ended up with a fully-functional system.

Thanks everyone, keep up the great community work.

it' not work for me. I used unibeast 1.50 and 1.5.1 with ML still root device waiting error.
I setting Bios correct but I don't know why dosen't work.
ASROCK H77
RPO4/MVP
i5-3550 6Gb
GT210

I downloaded it but my mac won't let me u
Use it. It says sumthing bout it not being an official apple app or sum bull****. Does anyone know if I can get round it ?

Hi
I have a ga-z77x-ud5h and i7 2600k. I solved the white screen with a black mouse pointer without uninstalling my sapphire 6850, only changed the boot priority for the graphics card to IGPX and connected my monitor to the VGA port of the motherboard. The installation went smoothly and I got ML to boot OK, I'll see what happens when I disable the integrated graphics.

I was having a problem I couldn't resolve with my Radeon HD 6850 -- white screen w/ pointer. My boyfriend was having a problem with his Radeon HD 6670 as well. We got both our computers running Mountain Lion using a method mentioned in this comment thread:

Move the ATI6000Controller.kext to / of Mountain Lion USB drive and use Graphics Enabler = No. Install Mountain Lion, boot up with thumb drive to fresh install of Mountain Lion. Copy (cp -R) the ATI6000Controller.kext to ~/Desktop/. chflags nohiddeon ATI6000Controller.kext in the Desktop directory.. then run KextBeast. Reboot with thumb drive again and select Mountain Lion install on HD.. Then run your multibeast. Worked for both my system and my boyfriend's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back