Contribute
Register

UniBeast 1.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome - i am a New comer to OSX so this will be an interesting journey.

Thanks guys

Trying now, but the time installing to my usb drive goes from 4 minutes to 3 hours!

I did a clean install of 10.8, was running 10.6.8 before on an SSD and it worked beautifully. That original install was done using EasyBeast and this time around I used UserDSDT for 10.8 but it seems much slower. Any tips to make the video and graphics better? Just typing this is so laggy. I have my res set to 2560 x 1600 on a 30" Dell monitor. No lag under 10.6.8 but plenty of lag under 10.8.

To those of you who have an 6xxx graphics card and with Graphics Enabler=no you get a white screen with a black cursor.

First fire up a terminal:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

After you prepare your usb stick, go in and totally cut System/Library/Extensions/ATI6000Controller.kext out of the usb stick and paste it somewhere that you can install it back to your main hdd after the install with Kext Wizard if you have any of the 6xxx cards. Once you get installed from the usb, reboot and you will be able to use Kext Wizard to put the kext back to where it belongs. (or do it manually if you know what you are doing :p) After you replace the ATI6000Controller.kext file, then reboot again and your graphics will be good to go!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...xx-white-screen-death-during-install-fix.html

Hi, for 6870 users just backup the ati6000controler.kext from the usb , delete it and go with the installation . after finishing the installation install the ati6000controller.kext back to the mountain lion hd and your gfx will work.

Z77M-D3H, i7-3770K, MSI GT440. When boot from USB with -v flag, after all kext loads and log screen finishes, video turning off (the LED on drive flashing when press keys on kb, i guess the boot process goes ok, except video loss). Tried with HDMI and DVI outs.

Probably, new NV100HAL doesn't process with my card correctly.
Will try:
1. try VGA connector
2. remove NV100HAL from Uni USB drive
3. replace NV100HAL on USB by old Lion's version
4. if no success, remove GT440 and try with HD4000

To those of you who have an 6xxx graphics card and with Graphics Enabler=no you get a white screen with a black cursor.

First fire up a terminal:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

After you prepare your usb stick, go in and totally cut System/Library/Extensions/ATI6000Controller.kext out of the usb stick and paste it somewhere that you can install it back to your main hdd after the install with Kext Wizard if you have any of the 6xxx cards. Once you get installed from the usb, reboot and you will be able to use Kext Wizard to put the kext back to where it belongs. (or do it manually if you know what you are doing :p) After you replace the ATI6000Controller.kext file, then reboot again and your graphics will be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back