1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
unibeast_mtlion.png
UniBeast has been updated to 1.5 for Lion and OS X Mountain Lion. We've broken UniBeast out into two versions based on operating system. UniBeast - Lion is the functional equivalent of previous versions of UniBeast. UniBeast - Mountain Lion is the new version that supports 10.8 only.

We also have published a preview of our new installation guide. The method is almost identical to the Lion method.
Full list of changes:

• [*=left]Three separate installers based on source media
    [*=left]Updated Chimera to v1.11.0

• [*=left]Supports Ivy Bridge Intel HD 4000 Integrated Graphics

[*=left]Added USB Legacy option

• [*=left]Only applies to motherboards with non-RMH USB (For example, Gigabyte Socket 1156 BIOSes)

Please do not upload or redistribute UniBeast to any other sites.

The latest version is available for download at tonymacx86.com/downloads. If this utility has helped you, please consider a contribution to support further UniBeast development. Thanks in advance, and enjoy!

Related Posts:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibea...untain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Last edited by a moderator:
"- Added USB Legacy option
Only applies to motherboards with non-RMH USB (For example, Gigabyte Socket 1156 BIOSes)"

Is there any issue to enabling this when creating the key in Unibeast and then using it on an RHM system? I have 3 to update and only 1 is non-RHM (GigaByte GA-P55A-UD4P Socket 1156).

WOOOOW! FINALY! AT LASTTT!! :) OMGGGG!
Im going to try it RIGHT NOW!

Works more than fine. Congratulations!

Works fine!

Hi!

First of all -> my build:
GA-Z77X-D3h
i7-3770k (no oc atm)
16gb Ram
Saphire HD 6870

Followed instructions - only got a white screen with my mouse-pointer. After I removed my 6870 everything went fine.
I'll put the card back in later and see how it`ll work out.
Potential trouble-makers: I had my mouse an keyboard plugged in at an USB 3 port - didn`t work - so I put them into USB 2 port - all went find. Same applies to the USB Stick you boot from

Atm I`m also having problems with my audio (no sound - followed other instructions), but this seems to be an older problem.

All in all great guide!!

Thanks

Tonymacx86 the
rBoot-LE Continues to work with the Mountain Lion ?

I dont get, why we need the legacy USB option now for our socket 1156 board ?

Tonymacx86 the
rBoot-LE Continues to work with the Mountain Lion ?

Yes. rBoot should work with 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 systems.

I dont get, why we need the legacy USB option now for our socket 1156 board ?

The USB fix was in by default on the older version of UniBeast. So just check that box so that your non-RMH USB is active for the install. Post installation using DSDT fixes the USB issue permanently.

Hi!

First of all -> my build:
GA-Z77X-D3h
i7-3770k (no oc atm)
16gb Ram
Saphire HD 6870

Followed instructions - only got a white screen with my mouse-pointer. After I removed my 6870 everything went fine.
I'll put the card back in later and see how it`ll work out.
Potential trouble-makers: I had my mouse an keyboard plugged in at an USB 3 port - didn`t work - so I put them into USB 2 port - all went find. Same applies to the USB Stick you boot from

Atm I`m also having problems with my audio (no sound - followed other instructions), but this seems to be an older problem.

All in all great guide!!

Thanks

Having the same issue with my Sapphire HD 6870. White screen with just a mouse pointer.

GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770. HD 4000 dont work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back