Contribute
Register

UniBeast 1.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a fairly old P55 system (Gigabyte P55-UD2, i5-2.8, NVidia 9400GT, 8GB ram) which proved very reliable from 2009
Although I'm following Tonymac's P55 guides from the very beginning (even before this site) I've never used Unibeast.
I used it yesterday for the first time because I wanted to do an update and not a clean install, and Unibeast is the best and (to to my knowledge) the only way. It's an exceptional program.
I had the common problem of no mouse and keyboard at boot, which I solved by moving the mouse cable to a USB hub.
After this, it was recognized and everything went on flawlessly.
Mountain Lion installed over the old Lion installation and the only thing I had to change was the AppleHDA kext (with Multibeast of course).
Thank you Tony.

The new Unibeast 1.5 complains that the Install Mac OS X Lion.app is missing from my Applications folder on my 2010 Mac Mini.
The file is sitting right there. So I can't install. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any hints. Unibeast for Lion works like a charm on two Hackintoshes for me.

Can't install Unibeast to 1.5 to USB

The installer complains that it can't find the purchased Mountain Lion install file in /Applications on my Mac Mini,
but the file is sitting right there. Am I missing something?

Unibeast for Lion didn't check on startup -- it looked for the file when you created the USB. The
new version seems to check first then exit if it can't find this file.

Thanks in advance for any help here. (I have two great Hackintoshes running Lion and want to re-install
with Mountain Lion.)

Nice work, guys, but there are problems on the HP ProBook 4x30s series laptops with the both 1.5 editions. The boot proccess hangs at "com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet address bla-bla-bla" every time (booting from UniBeast flash drive with Laptop support option enabled) with both Lion and ML installations. This guy has found workaround, but this is not a permanent solution.

please.. can some one tell me how to put back my ATI6000controller.kext after installing Mountain Lion.

Updated my Hackintosh running a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board to 10.8 using Unibeast. Worked perfectly. Didn't have sound, but the ethernet worked. Used Multibeast.....everything is working perfectly now.

Now....if tonymacx could get my former user id, ericdano to work. I've requested the validation thing but it never sends me another password to use.......wtf

Check ur spam. Mine was there.

Check ur spam, mine was there.

i can't install the mountain line on my USB through unibeast. every time i have tried its just keep increasing the remaining time, now its showing i have 18 hrs left......plz someone help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back