Contribute
Register

Uni Beast 1.7, ML failure, Presmission error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Cant Remember at this time.
CPU
Intel Core i7 2.80GHz
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Uni Beast 1.7, ML failure

Hey all, im currently trying to set up a bootable Flashdrive with ML using Unibeast, but I have come across an error.

I have a feeling it may be to do with the permissions? (Comes up in the log: "Could not enable permissions: Invalid Request (-9998).

I have tried on 2 different macs and 2 different flashdrives from different manufacturers, both 8GB.

Any help would be great. (Going ot try and redownload the ML installer app now and try again)

Thanks. -Mike

/* EDIT */

Fixed the issue, there was a problem to do with Admin Permissions after trying several thousand searches from my problem.

Maybe try repairing permissions in Disk Utility first...

Doesnt give the option for USB.

The installer log is here:

Attachments

• installerlog.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 181
Im not getting the permissions error now, just the rest.

Tried that and unfortunately it wont allow me to, i have re-downloaded it on 3 different macs several times on all, even the UniBeast app, but nothing is working. Guess it might just not mean to be! I will purchase Lion then they a unibeast install with that then upgrade..

This is out of it, i am getting the same error from Lion too. Might go to a friends place and try to use their mac...

/* EDIT */

Finally got it working, after trying several problems, there was an issue with the permissions!

Im on my way to Hackintosh 10.8!

This is out of it, i am getting the same error from Lion too. Might go to a friends place and try to use their mac...

/* EDIT */

Finally got it working, after trying several problems, there was an issue with the permissions!

Im on my way to Hackintosh 10.8!

And how do you fixed this? I think I have that problem too. Please post your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back