i7-930
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since your Home Library folder is Hidden by default running these commands in terminal will reveal it to you..........
Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
To hide it again...
Code:
chflags hidden ~/Library

There may be other ways to do it i'm sure but i just thought this might be useful........Bless

I downloaded and installed Lion on my Macbook Pro, and now I can't even find the app to burn it to disc for my Hackintosh. I knew Apple were going to really take even more control with this release. :rolleyes:

Do you know how I can find it to burn to a disc or USB drive?

LucasAdamson said:
I downloaded and installed Lion on my Macbook Pro, and now I can't even find the app to burn it to disc for my Hackintosh. I knew Apple were going to really take even more control with this release. :rolleyes:

Do you know how I can find it to burn to a disc or USB drive?
Google or look in the forums here, especially the blog.

Once Lion has been successfully installed (by running the app) it deletes the installer app, you need to download it again for your Hackintosh (and this time make a backup before using it).

Cheers for putting this handy command line up.
Annoying that Apple decided to hide this folder, especially when we need it so much :D But understandable why they did it.

No need to unhide the folder. You can (like with snow Leopard) go up to the preferences window in the finder and select to show the Hard Disk on the desktop.
You can also opt in the preferences for Finder to show the Macintosh HD in new finder windows instead of the "All my files" option.
Loving Lion by the way........I am lucky enough to have been able to splash out on a new MacBook Air and it is sooo nice. Ok a bit pricey, but gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back