Nvidia GeForce GTX670 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
unneeded ktexts installed and duplicate kexts

Just took a look at my S/L/E folder and noticed that I have a ton of kexts that should have nothing to do with my system and I believe could be causing all the problems (mainly with rear USB support). I have an gigabyte X79 UD3 with i7 3930k CPU, GTX670. There are kexts related to thunderbolt, HD3000, HD4000, ATIcontrollers. These all came from the following bundles that were somehow (I really did not install them manually) installed.

I'm nervous to delete them one by one so would like some advice about deleting uneeded kexts (bundles) and which ones I should certainly delete as they are probably causing issues.

I have attached the list of kexts and bolded/red the ones that I think should definitely not be there.

Thanks

Attachments

• kext problems.pdf
    49.7 KB · Views: 274
Delete those kexts and your machine will cease to work.
What issues ????
Leave your kexts alone unless someone recommends a small number that may cause problems for a specific issue.
Those kexts are totally normal.
If a kext is not needed it is not loaded.
Kext = kernel extension.
I f kernel does not request it,it just sits on desk doing nothing.

Delete those kexts and your machine will cease to work.
What issues ????
Leave your kexts alone unless someone recommends a small number that may cause problems for a specific issue.
Those kexts are totally normal.
If a kext is not needed it is not loaded.
Kext = kernel extension.
I f kernel does not request it,it just sits on desk doing nothing.

I certainly wasn't implying that I was going to delete all of them, I just found it suspicious that there were so many non-applicable extensions. There have been instances in this and other builds where deleting a kext or part of a kext would actually fix an issue (ie CPUsensors in FakeSMC...the machine wouldn't boot unless that was deleted).

I guess the issue is simply with the motherboard; either that or I am missing one.

Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back