Contribute
Register

Understanding UEFI motherboard Yosemite Hackintosh build

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5
UEFI and LGA 1155 motherboard Recommendation needed for Yosemite Hackintosh build

Hello everyone,

I need to replace my LGA 1155 motherboard and reinstall Yosemite Hackintosh on it. Since the 1155 is old, I can't find them, or the Z line are so expensive that it is not worth getting (rather get the new 1150 and new CPU for similar price). So now I am looking for cheaper intel chip set H67, P55, etc. but I can't tell if they will work with Yosemite. Is the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H fully Yosemite compatible? Can you recommend other 1155 motherboards that works with Yosemite?

About UEFI...
I understand that UEFI motherboards do not need DSDT. Does that mean that now I can get any motherboard that is not listed in the DSDT download database? or do I still have to get a specific motherboard that is Yosemite compatible? does it matter what intel chipset (Z68, Z77, Z97, H67, H97, P55, P67, etc.) the motherboard has, as long it has the compatible LAN chips, sound chips, etc.? I noticed that the DSDT database does not have DSDTs for newer motherboards with these new intel chipset.

2) Is it also true that UEFI motherboards do not need a bootloader? or do I have to use the Clover bootloader instead of the Chimera bootloader?

Thank you for reading this post. Any help greatly appreciated. I just need someone to hand walk me from BIOS to UEFI, and maybe suggest the most compatible LGA 1155 motherboard I can get. Thank you again.

Rob.

You're correct, UEFI boot does not require dsdt.ami.

You'll still need a bootloader. If you're going to boot UEFI, I suggest Clover.

Shop around for your motherboard, select one, then search the forum for other builds that are completed successfully for that motherboard before you purchase it. That will let you know what you're getting into before you purchase the board.

Thank you do much for your pointers/suggestions. I meant to thank you sooner, but I forgot my password to log back into the forums and see the replies.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back