CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok, so if I understand that correctly then basically the system will boot from the cached kexts only (nothing from clover) unless FakeSMC is not found in the cache -- in which case clover will inject whatever is applicable from its kext directories. (for something like recovery) Does that sound right ?

Thanks!
yep :)

more info can be found here as well, read post 2 - Installing Kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
This thread sort of cleaned up the S/L/E vs. /L/E vs. other, well not really. I have wondered this for a long time. I have mostly been running everything in other because it survives updates and seems to generally work okay. There was somewhere I read that stated there was a performance/stability advantage to L/E instead of other, but I did not find this mentioned here. Which was what I was trying to confirm. What I remember from what I had read it had to do with switching between CPU modes, installing the kexts in L/E loaded the kexts in to a more secure part of the kernel, improving performance and reducing crashing.

The big advantage of other is that you can use a extra USB drive and make all of your Changs on that, and then when it is well tuned just use DD to move it over. Since all changes are on the USB drive, booting normally allows going back and making changes.

For a seemling important topic, I don't seem to find a definitive article on the topic.