Graphics
EVGA 780 ACX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just did a clean install of El Capitan following the OS X 10.11 installation guide. And so far, thing's are looking good.

Whenever I open up the Clover Configurator now, it says "config.plist not found!" despite having done the setup according to the guide. Is there a particular place I'm supposed to save the file?

Thanks for helping me with the n00b question!

Hi, when you see this message click on the button that says 'Mount EFI Partition' - you'll see the same button again on the main window - click on this and choose your drive where the EFI partition is. Now under the main File menu click on 'Open' and select your config file. Hope this helps.

Hi, when you see this message click on the button that says 'Mount EFI Partition' - you'll see the same button again on the main window - click on this and choose your drive where the EFI partition is. Now under the main File menu click on 'Open' and select your config file. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. I did it and it appeared to work. When I relaunched Clover Configurator it appeared to find the config.plist file without issue. However, if I reboot my computer and open Clover Configurator again, it will give me the same message. Is this expected?

I even try to change my clover bootloader theme through the configurator and the changes don't appear to apply.

Here's what I do.
1. Launch clover configurator. Prompted with same message.
2. Click "mount EFI" and again in the bottom right corner when it appears.
3. Given a list of available volumes, I choose the one containing my Mackintosh OS, correct?
4. I click OK and there is a green circle below in the Configurator with the word "EFI Partition" next to it indicating all is okay.
5. File > Save
6. Go EFI > EFI > CLOVER and set destination to replace existing config.plist file.
7. See confirmation that changes are saved in bottom left corner of Configurator.
8. Quit, restart, launch. Same thing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the help. I did it and it appeared to work. When I relaunched Clover Configurator it appeared to find the config.plist file without issue. However, if I reboot my computer and open Clover Configurator again, it will give me the same message. Is this expected?
Yes, you will need to mount the EFI partition each time you want to access the config.plist, as it does not auto mount.

I even try to change my clover bootloader theme through the configurator and the changes don't appear to apply.

Here's what I do.
1. Launch clover configurator. Prompted with same message.
2. Click "mount EFI" and again in the bottom right corner when it appears.
3. Given a list of available volumes, I choose the one containing my Mackintosh OS, correct?
Correct. When the small window pops up, showing all of your current disks, it will tell you what you current boot disk is. Select that one.
4. I click OK and there is a green circle below in the Configurator with the word "EFI Partition" next to it indicating all is okay.
5. File > Save
6. Go EFI > EFI > CLOVER and set destination to replace existing config.plist file.
7. See confirmation that changes are saved in bottom left corner of Configurator.
8. Quit, restart, launch. Same thing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Once you have selected the correct config.plist and made the changes you want to it, Command + S will save it to its original location.

How are you going about changing the theme?

Yes, you will need to mount the EFI partition each time you want to access the config.plist, as it does not auto mount.

Correct. When the small window pops up, showing all of your current disks, it will tell you what you current boot disk is. Select that one.

Once you have selected the correct config.plist and made the changes you want to it, Command + S will save it to its original location.

How are you going about changing the theme?

Here's what I do.
1. Using the default themes available, I open Clover Config, select the Themes menu on the left hand column.
2. Load themes/partitions button on bottom right
3. Select a theme from the list
4. click download/update
5. save

I suppose there's a step I'm missing

Hi, press the 'Download / Apply NVRAM' button instead of 'Download / Update'.

This thread is the closest to helping me understand Clover Configurator enough to add a "nvda_drive=1" to the config.plist.

When I open Clover Configurator, go to the "Mount EFI" item on the left, and then "Mount EFI on MY BOOT DRIVE" ... that EFI shows up under the devices list (when I try to open something using the "File > Open" command in CC.) But all that shows up is a series of nested folders, and when I finally work my way down to individual files, those files are grayed out. I'm not able to navigate to anything that looks like an editable .config file.

What am I doing wrong?

-Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 1.13.31 PM.png
Here's a screen shot of the folder hierarchy that I am seeing in the mounted EFI ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back