i3
Graphics
Motherboard graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to get audio working on My P55M-UD4 and trying to work with the "Step by Step" posted instructions in the forum. I tried the procedure guessing at the choice of files per my description below and sound didn't work. These are some of the issues/questions I'm running into:

-When I downloaded the 7b Kext helper, the only one I could find was B7 not 7b. Is this the correct one?
-Step 6 I downloaded and opened the HDAEnabler for Snow folder and I didn't find a directory for 889a, just 12,662,885,887 and 888. Do i use one of these or did i somehow get the wrong "HDAEnabler for Snow"?
-The next step,#7 put it in the B7 Kext Helper is pretty straightforward if I know which file to use and with no 889a per, i don't.
-I have 6 jacks on the back so i guess it would be the 4outs, 2ins per step 9.1
-Step 9.2 asks whether it is AC97 or HDA. The motherboard manual says i have High Definition Audio. The only thing I can see is that a plug marked "audio" plugs in connected to the jacks on the case front. It plugs in to the socket fitting correctly with no pins uncovered; am i to assume it is HDA?
-Step 10 from the download of "Series of LegacyHDA" it has under the ALC889a directory two 4outs2ins directories, one "HDA", the other "Regular Headphone". Per the question in 9.2 above, how do i pick the right one?
-Step 10 to copy the correct LegacyHDA.kext (if i knew which one to use) to the "Extra/Extensions" I can understand but not knowing which to use, I can't proceed.
-Step 11 asking to drop the "Extra/Extensions" folder onto the Kext Uitilty; are we talking about the "B7 Kext Helper" Utility or the "Kext Utility" which i have as a different utility?
-Step 12, that i can do.

I don't know very much if anything about Mac code and am fortunate to have had TonyMacs help getting this far. I have a machine that boots consistently and supports 1920x1080 resolution through the DVI connector but I need sound. I'm not a hobbyist, I have a Video Production company and take little pleasure at mucking with a project like this; i just want to get it built so that i can use it as an editing workstation.

Can someone please help me with these questions in a manner someone code/Mac process dumb like me can understand.

Ok, that was a typo, fixed and linked to a version of the tool

Next, you've downloaded the wrong file, please read the correct instructions for the 889a here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=233&p=1531#p1531

I've edited the instructions to make them easier to follow, just for you.

Which one to use is clearly explained in step 6.1 and 6.2.
It depends entirely on how you built your system. Is the front audio connectors on the case connected to the pins on the motherboard via an HDA cable or AC'97 or not at all. In the first case you use the 4in2outs with HDA, in the other two cases, you use the legacy file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back