i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all!

My underscanned display resolution on my 42" Sony Bravia television does not retain after a reboot of Mojave, thus making me go to System Prefrences>Display and underscan it manually after each reboot.

I'm using integrated graphics (HD4600) with HDMI output to the Sony Bravia, along with a 2nd display via DVI (24" Slate Raven MTi2 Control Surface).

I must note that I've had to use the AGDPfix in order to achieve functioning dual displays with the HD4000 during my previous upgrade to Sierra 10.12.6 from El Capitan 10.11.6. Although the AGDPfix is intended for machines with a Mac Pro 6,1 identifier running NVIDIA GPUs, I haphazardly discovered it also allows for dual monitor setups to work with IGPU systems when running Sierra or newer.

Additionally, the system has been in daily use since 2016; I originally had the system running Yosemite 10.10.5 via Chimera, and have since switched to Clover while incrementally updating to the following OS's along the way: El Capitian 10.11.6, Sierra 10.12.6

But now that I've updated to Mojave 10.14.6, underscan fails to retain settings after booting or restarting; it worked fine with the previous OS's installed on the system.

The system in question has the following specs:

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD7 TH

Intel Core i7-4790K (not overclocked)

HD4600 w/ dual monitor setup + AGDPfix

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB

Samsung 860 Evo 1TB

I've also attached a copy of the EFI folder, as well the BIOS profile which is being used.

Any thoughts, experiences or insight would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• AGDPfix.zip
    81.8 KB · Views: 82
  • GA-Z97X-UD7 TH EFI .zip
    23.6 MB · Views: 86
  • GA-Z97X-UD7 BIOS.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 78
Hi I'd like to bump this thread. I tested with a similar system (z87 UD5 TH + 4790K) and found that if I used a graphics card (RX 580) on a similar Sony Bravia TV, then the Underscan settings will remain unaffected when rebooting.

It's is a solution, but would be nice if I could use integrated graphics instead and retain the underscan setting when rebooting.

Any feedback would be super-appreciated!

Circling back on this!

The TV being used is a Sony Bravia KDL-40EX400.

Mojave looses it's under scan setting every time the machine reboots or restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back