Graphics
Sapphire 100283-3L ATI Radeon HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My underscanned display resolution on my 32" Samsung does not retain after a reboot of ML, thus making me go to System Prefrences>Display and underscan it manually after each reboot. Using a SAPPHIRE 100283-3L HD5770 card and HDMI output with a edited DSDT for HDMI audio. On my Lion HD underscan retains after reboot. On my ML HD it does not. Any ideas?

I am having the same problem. I have a 2011 Mac Mini connected to my Panasonic 42" HDTV through HDMI. With Lion, I set my underscan once and never had to mess with it again. Now with Mountain Lion, the underscan automatically changes itself. For me this happens at random times, not necessarily after a reboot.

I'm experiencing this as well. Once set, the underscan in Lion was rock solid but in Mountain Lion, I have to re-set after each boot. Looking forward to somebody coming up with a workaround. I'll keep trying myself but I am a complete novice at this game and it will be more trial and error than anything else!

I'm encountering this issue as well. I'm connected to a Vizio TV through HDMI (connected via the onboard HDMI port of my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH mobo) and, after a reboot, I find that my view of Mountain Lion has reverted to its default overscanned image (alas, my monitor does not allow me to adjust the overscan/underscan of an HDMI input). In my case, if I look at my display settings, the underscan slider is in the exact same position I left it. However, if it was last left in any position but "Off," any movement of the slider has no effect on my overscanned view. What I have found works to get around this is to move the slider back to the "Off" position, put the computer to sleep and, when I wake it up again, the slider has refound its mojo and I am able to readjust my screen. Weird.

I'm encountering this issue as well. I'm connected to a Vizio TV through HDMI (connected via the onboard HDMI port of my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH mobo) and, after a reboot, I find that my view of Mountain Lion has reverted to its default overscanned image (alas, my monitor does not allow me to adjust the overscan/underscan of an HDMI input). In my case, if I look at my display settings, the underscan slider is in the exact same position I left it. However, if it was last left in any position but "Off," any movement of the slider has no effect on my overscanned view. What I have found works to get around this is to move the slider back to the "Off" position, put the computer to sleep and, when I wake it up again, the slider has refound its mojo and I am able to readjust my screen. Weird.

Same issue ml underscan slider not working. Gonna try ^that

Just for the sake of documentation and hoping somebody found a permanent fix. I am having the same issue with underscan. Mac Mini Hackintosh almost verbatim to the guide. Without underscan, on either HDMI output to my Sony HDTV, I can't see the top menus at all. After a clean install and multi-beast, the underscan slider shows up but does nothing. Put the mac to sleep and wake it up and it works great. I can adjust the underscan and see everything perfectly. Restart the mac and I'm back to no top menus. If I go to sleep and wake up though, without changing anything else, the display reverts to the underscan settings from before the reboot. Annoying and weird, but workable especially since I don't reboot very often and it's my second computer so it's constantly going to sleep anyway.

Sorry to bring up a fairly old thread, but has anyone resolved the underscan retention issue? It is currently the only bug with my Hackintosh. I must put it to sleep in order to recover the underscan properties.

Cheers

I am wondering the same thing. This underscan issue sucks. I hate the fact I have to put it to sleep every time I need to fix this.

Also what are the normal keyboard shortcut to put my hack to sleep?

Sorry to bring up a fairly old thread, but has anyone resolved the underscan retention issue? It is currently the only bug with my Hackintosh. I must put it to sleep in order to recover the underscan properties.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back