Contribute
Register

Uncut G4 Cube Mod ( ongoing project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got sleep working? Mine sleeps just fine, but refuses to re-wake. Screen remains black and the system restarts shortly thereafter

You've wrote in your NUC thread, that you've installed the "Multibeast pwr mgmt kext". Do you mean the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? I think sleep will never work with this kext and a patched BIOS is needed. Did you try to patch the BIOS and to remove this kext? Does the native Ivy Bridge power management work?

MacTester

Miscellaneous stuff

Today I finished the design of the aluminum custom plate that I'll order to the laser hive.

View attachment 58715

It has an opening for HDMI and another one for Thunderbolt , not for the connector (that will be internal) but for the cable.
Thanks to minihack for posting this

Does laserhive now do aluminum cutting?

Much lower than the intel stock NUC cooler. My idles sit at 60+ all the time in my Cube PSU build.

Ersterhernd

The original heat sink + heat spreader combo does the trick!

Have you got sleep working? Mine sleeps just fine, but refuses to re-wake. Screen remains black and the system restarts shortly thereafter.

Ersterhernd

sleep & wake works fine I remember having the same issue though. Let me know if I can help with that

You've wrote in your NUC thread, that you've installed the "Multibeast pwr mgmt kext". Do you mean the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? I think sleep will never work with this kext and a patched BIOS is needed. Did you try to patch the BIOS and to remove this kext? Does the native Ivy Bridge power management work?

MacTester

Hi MacTester, I have removed appleintelcpupowermanagement and there was never a nullcpupowermanagement at all. Speedstep still works without it, but not on as broad a range of speeds as with AICPUPM installed.

Sleep works, but waking causes a reboot. I've tried 2 or 3 different sleep enabler kexts too, all with no difference.

Odd.

Ersterhernd

I ran prime95's torture test for more than nine hours and core Temps never reached 60 º. Is this realistic? Can the HWMonitor be wrong?

58858-temps-prime95s-torture-test-1.jpg58859-temps-prime95s-torture-test-2.jpg

Looks like the extra you spent on the cooling solution was worth it, iCubeFan. 60 degree Prime95 with no fans is a terrific accomplishment, great work! :clap:

Ersterhernd

Looks like the extra you spent on the cooling solution was worth it, iCubeFan. 60 degree Prime95 with no fans is a terrific accomplishment, great work! :clap:

Ersterhernd
Thanks, I've great teachers here!

I ran prime95's torture test for more than nine hours and core Temps never reached 60 º. Is this realistic? Can the HWMonitor be wrong?

I think it's realistic. Great work! The only thing you should remember is to cool the additional chips (which were cooled with the original NUC heat sink). You could glue small ram coolers with thermal glue to them or use small copper blocks between the Cube's heat sink and the chip surface.

MacTester

I think it's realistic. Great work! The only thing you should remember is to cool the additional chips (which were cooled with the original NUC heat sink). You could glue small ram coolers with thermal glue to them or use small copper blocks between the Cube's heat sink and the chip surface.

MacTester
Added to my to-do list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back