Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello friends, i have OSX Sierra with clover installed on my ssd and i wanna install windows on a separate 1tb HDD which also is partitioned, half for mac data and the other half for install windows. I boot windows uefi usb and with windows disk manager on install, i delete the partition and now i have unallocated space. When i click new to create the partion windows gives an error and i can reach it. In OSX disk utility i cant see the unallocated space. What should i do?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my english if is not so good.

OK first of all I am not an expert but I have tried exactly what yoiu tried to achive and managed to have a nice dual boot on seperate drives.
As far as I can understand the drive you will install Win 10 has to be only 1 partition. ( I would love to have a 2 partitioning one to install Win 10 and one for Hackintosh's storage needs but I could not manage it ,perhaps some1 can help us :)
Secondly I formatted W10 with disk utility ( I installed Hackintosh first) than installed with a Win 10 UEFI USB installer. Please refer to this post further explanation :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/make-a-windows-10-uefi-usb-installer.228959/
Finally when I get a error message related to drive I was trying to instal W10 I followed the guide to clean the drive and it worked... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...stalling-using-the-mbr-or-gpt-partition-style

Now I am hoping someone will help us with how to partitionn W10 drive after installation and use the 2nd partition together with Hackintosh...
I hope this helps

@Daneland

Launch the Win10 disk management utility. Select the Win10 partition by clicking on it. Click on Actions->All Tasks->Shrink Volume and select the space you want - you might see this:
upload_2017-8-29_18-44-58.png

When it is through checking the drive it will give you this:
upload_2017-8-29_18-46-33.png

You can shrink to the available space.

Once you have the space available, click on it to select it, then click on Actions->All Tasks->Create new volume.
You can leave it as free space or you can format it NTFS. Shutdown, boot Mac OS, launch Disk Utility, select the partition and erase it Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back