Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hey, guys... I'm a bit flummoxed. I've got OpenCore working on my Hack, and it boots and updates just fine... but I can't verify which version of OpenCore I'm on. I don't see a version number at boot. When I use Hackintool, it shows me I'm on version "0.0.0," which I know can't be right. I just (thought I) updated to 0.6.6 following the Dortonia guide, but Hackintool still shows me 0.0.0. When I try the "nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version" command in terminal, I get "nvram: Error getting variable - '4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version': (iokit/common) data was not found." When I do "NVRAM -p," I get a ton of info, so I believe my NVRAM to be working fine. Not sure what to do. Anyone got any advice?

In your config.plist set ExposeSensitiveData to 15.

Open your OC folder, navigate to your OpenCore.efi and right-click on it. Select Get Info from the dropdown list, check and make a note of the date it was created, not modified.

OpenCore is released on a monthly basis.

For example version 0.6.3 was released in early November, each subsequent version was released a month later. So...

0.6.0 - August 2020
0.6.1 - September 2020
0.6.2 - October 2020
0.6.3 - November 2020
0.6.4 - December 2020
0.6.5 - January 2021
0.6.6 - February 2021

If the Get info created date falls within a particular month, the version number should be from the list above.

In your config.plist set ExposeSensitiveData to 15.
Thanks...do I choose "String" or "Number" as the class in Plist Edit Pro and then enter "15" to accomplish that?

Open your OC folder, navigate to your OpenCore.efi and right-click on it. Select Get Info from the dropdown list, check and make a note of the date it was created, not modified.

OpenCore is released on a monthly basis.

For example version 0.6.3 was released in early November, each subsequent version was released a month later. So...

0.6.0 - August 2020
0.6.1 - September 2020
0.6.2 - October 2020
0.6.3 - November 2020
0.6.4 - December 2020
0.6.5 - January 2021
0.6.6 - February 2021

If the Get info created date falls within a particular month, the version number should be from the list above.
Thanks!

Another question... when I launch Open Core Configurator, I get the message: "The boot loader looks like it is not installed or your NVRAM isn't native." Could that be part of the problem? What would I need to do to address that?

No idea as I don't use OpenCore Configurator. I use Corpnewt's ProperTree Plist Editor.

You have installed your OpenCore EFI folder to the EFI Partition on your main macOS drive, yes?

When you first installed OpenCore to your macOS drive, did you use the Clear Nvram tool, which is usually available on the Picker List or OC GUI, to remove all the old Clover Nvram entries? That might be why it is saying your Nvram is not native, if some old settings are still in place.

It is not too late to deal with this, just make sure the Clear Nvram tool is enabled in your config and when you next boot use the tool to erase the old Nvram entries. OpenCore should then repopulate the Nvram with the correct entries and your OC boot arguments.

Well I think that is how it works!

Thanks! Away from home now, but I will try that tonight. Could be why Hackintool is still showing Clover as a boot option in the drop-down, even though it is long gone...

Thanks for all of the advice, guys. I finally just zapped Open Core Configurator from my system, completely rebuilt my config.plist, copied all my SSDTs, drivers, etc., to the Open Core 0.6.6 release 64-bit EFI folder, did a clean snapshot with Proper Tree, and double-checked all my Skylake/Emulated NVRAM entries in my config.plist... then copied the whole shebang to my boot drive EFI partition. Rebooted, and now the version shows properly at the Boot screen, shows up properly in Hackintool, and the "nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version" command returns the proper version in terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back