CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630/GTX 1050, 1080p
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
UPDATE: There has been no solution yet but there is a workaround. I have a Gigabyte motherboard. Head into your BIOS and find your graphics card on boot options, change it from PCIE to IGFX (Integrated Graphics) and boot into El Capitan. Once you're on your desktop, you can physically take the HDMI or whatever cable from your motherboard and plug it into the graphics card and it will work on that boot however you have you repeat on reboot. :-X

EDIT: I should mention this card worked OOB with Yosemite, no modifications needed at all.

I created a El Capitan Flash drive with Clover following the Clover instructions, was able to install (2 step with reboot in middle) and then the computer would boot show Apple logo or wall of text booting... then go into a black screen and the monitor show "going into power saving mode".

I booted into BIOS, set GPU to Integrated Graphics instead of the PCIE Express slot.
Plugged the HDMI into Motherboard and booted
Everything was fine.
I setup my user account, installed Clover, can reboot with Integrated GFX.

But I cannot use the R9 380 at all.

Can anybody be of assistance?

I've appeared to have found a work-around and gotten absolutely everything working but the graphics card. Having both integrated graphics and the R9 380 running is hurting the overall performance :(

Anybody hopefully going to find a way to fix this?

Coders are not interested for this card, so we can only cry. This problem is active 3 months and no resolution :( This is first time that problems like this one last too long :(

The worse part is that there is actually native support listed in the AMD9000Controller.kext however the card refuses to work properly, which is very strange.

I have downgraded to Yosemite for now since it is the next best solution since I need my computer for work production reasons.

Which sucks since I just build my mini-itx as opposed to buying a Mac Pro and I'd like to run the latest version :(

IN same boat here, finally figured out the upgrade wasn't working due to the R9 380

O well back to 10.10.5

I've got the exact same problem with a Sapphire R9 380 ITX 2GB.
I'm currently booting with HD4600 graphics from my i5-4690.

I also don't seem to have a System folder. Anyone else have this issue?

I've got the exact same problem with a Sapphire R9 380 ITX 2GB.
I'm currently booting with HD4600 graphics from my i5-4690.

I also don't seem to have a System folder. Anyone else have this issue?

With Chameleon, you had to install the boot files to the EFI partition, which made this card work with any 2 of its outputs. How that works if using Clover Im not 100% sure.

Clover Graphics Injection seems to be broken still try injecting via a DSDT only way i can seem to get ATI cards to work. Only a suggestion

With Chameleon, you had to install the boot files to the EFI partition, which made this card work with any 2 of its outputs. How that works if using Clover Im not 100% sure.

Booting Clover UEFI is like booting Chameleon/Chimera from the EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back