Contribute
Register

Unable to upgrade to/clean install Monterey. Appears to be CpuTscSync.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
K2000
I'm running OC 0.7.4 and Big Sur with no issues. When I tried to upgrade to Monterey and even attempt a clean install I get a kernel panic which appears to be related to CpuTscSync.kext. I've updated all my kexts and even tried to swap it out for another (I forget the name) with no success. Not sure if others have ran into this issue and are aware of a fix.
IMG_6945.jpg

Have you tried to run with CpuTscSync.kext disabled? You might get just a performance penalty ...

managed to start the installer without CpuTscSync.kext by adding cpus=1 to boot-args. after installation thought, the same problem - a fix is needed for CpuTscSync.kext or VoodooTSCSync.kext (I've tried with both). For now it works only with cpus=1.

Seems I have the same issue X79 board as well (running OC-0.7.5 & BS-11.6.1)
What about deleting the cpu tables or the tscsynctimeout? its the only thing I can think of,, my install failed, this is always an issue these boards.

Edit: tried a few things not working, including enabling dummy power management, MacPro 6.1, iMacPro 1.1

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Any luck so far? I have the same problem on an older Sandy Bridge system, despite running newest kexts and OpenCore.

... When I tried to upgrade to Monterey and even attempt a clean install I get a kernel panic which appears to be related to CpuTscSync.kext. I've updated all my kexts and even tried to swap it out for another (I forget the name) with no success. Not sure if others have ran into this issue and are aware of a fix.
Apple has dumped support for all nVidia GPUs in Monterey. The best option, going forward, will be an AMD Polaris class of GPU, or greater. The AMD RX 580 is a good choice, in the lower end of the pricing spectrum, otherwise there are many supported graphics cards listed in the Buyer's Guide.

Note: If this is you:-
  • You have an Nvidia dGPU, and it won't work in Monterey
  • You have an Nvidia dGPU, and you cannot boot Monterey
  • You have an Nvidia dGPU, and you cannot install Monterey
  • You have an Nvidia dGPU, and can't find a magic cure in these forums
  • You have an Nvidia dGPU, and won't believe it's not supported in Monterey
  • You have an Nvidia dGPU, and [enter reason for igorance here]...
If any of these apply to you, then this post may be of interest.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same issue for my 2690V2 X79 ... i got it working sometimes with 4 cores .. but not stable. Lets hope for a fix.

If tried a fork of CpuTscSync.kext here: https://github.com/wy414012/CpuTscSync - but it wont work for my CPU. Maybe someone else will have luck.

Last edited:
I have managed to get my Huananzhi X79 Deluxe with E5 1650 V2 working. My Powermanagement is also working.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 288
I have managed to get my Huananzhi X79 Deluxe with E5 1650 V2 working. My Powermanagement is also working.
Hey, nice to know. I looked at your EFI and config.plist. There is a lot of kexts and ACPI files, that are not added to config.plist.Did you change anything special in the plist to get it working, ACPI patches, SSDTs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back