Motherboard
Dell OptiPlex 3060 SFF
CPU
i5-8500K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Hi, I'm trying to install Monterey with OpenCore, but I get stuck after a few seconds.
I have a GA-H170N-WIFI and an Intel I7-6700K Skylake Cpu.

These are two pictures of the logs

And also my EFI folder and logs from OpenCore

Can please anybody help me to understand the issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    872.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    772.3 KB · Views: 58
  • EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 49
  • opencore-2022-10-12-131645.txt
    256 KB · Views: 30
Hi, I'm trying to install Monterey with OpenCore, but I get stuck after a few seconds.
I have a GA-H170N-WIFI and an Intel I7-6700K Skylake Cpu.

These are two pictures of the logs

And also my EFI folder and logs from OpenCore

Can please anybody help me to understand the issue?
common usb issue

best to start off with Catalina first, then do this:
correctly, and then update to Monterey

Looking at your EFI folder from my point of view's working Monterey installation on "Mini-ITX 2" listed below:

1. In EFI/OC/ACPI folder, would recommend you replace "SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml" with "SSDT-EC-USBX.aml" from the 0.8.5 OpenCore Release folder's "Docs" folder. Also recommend you replace "SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml" with "SSDT-PLUG.aml" from the same source.
2. In OC/Kexts, I don't see "IntelMausi.kext," which my Gigabyte motherboard requires for Internet connection. YMMV.
3. In config.plist/ACPI/Quirks, you have ResetLogoStatus set to YES; I have NO. No idea how this affects booting.
4. In config.plist/Kernel, following "Patch," there should be a section called "Quirks." IT IS MSSING!!
5. In config.plist/Kernel/Add, you have no USBPorts.kext defining your USB port configuration, as mentioned above by Feartech.
6. In config.plist/NVRAM/Add/3rd item, you have "previously-lang:kbd" Value blank. I have "Data" changed to "String" and Value set to "en-US:0" (no quotes). YMMV.

It's quite possible the root cause of your problem is the missing "Quirks" section of your config.plist.

Good luck!

@wstrohm I've made some adjustment, can you please attach your efi folder?
@Feartech thanks, I'm reading the thread

Now I don't get that error anymore but the screen goes off and nothing else happens

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 69
  • opencore-2022-10-13-083936.txt
    256 KB · Views: 30
@wstrohm I've made some adjustment, can you please attach your efi folder?
@Feartech thanks, I'm reading the thread

Now I don't get that error anymore but the screen goes off and nothing else happens
your USBMap kext is very wrong, delete it

enzoses,
You added "Quirks" section but only one item, "XhciPortLimit." In Monterey you are not allowed to set that to "YES." Sorry, I don't know why... Feartech does for sure. There is a whole list of Booleans in Quirks. Below is a zip of my EFI folder, even including my USBPorts.kext, but my computer's motherboard is probably different from yours, and using it on your computer will probably not give you the right USB port configuration. Also I have deleted the pertinent information in config.plist/Platforminfo/Generic; you would have to input your own serial numbers, etc. But it might boot for you... maybe.

Attachments

• Strohm's Edited EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 38
enzoses,
You added "Quirks" section but only one item, "XhciPortLimit." In Monterey you are not allowed to set that to "YES." Sorry, I don't know why... Feartech does for sure. There is a whole list of Booleans in Quirks. Below is a zip of my EFI folder, even including my USBPorts.kext, but my computer's motherboard is probably different from yours and using it on your computer will not give you the right USB port configuration. Also I have deleted the pertinent information in config.plist/Platforminfo/Generic; you would have to input your own serial numbers, etc. But it might boot for you... maybe.
XhciPortLimit appears to be broken in later versions of macOS

which is always best to install Catalina, have XhciPortLimit enabled (which can sometimes help in installation) then do the USB setup and then upgrade to Monterey

@enzoses are you currently trying Catalina? if so I can move this thread over

thanks @Feartech, I'm using Monterey

Finally I got my build up and running but without Wi-fi and bluetooth.

Any clue?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 82
thanks @Feartech

Finally I got my build up and running but without Wi-fi and bluetooth.

Any clue?
depends on the make and model of your wifi?

also why do you have so many ports set to internal? (255) wifi card should be set to 255

depends on the make and model of your wifi?

also why do you have so many ports set to internal? (255) wifi card should be set to 255
It's a Broadcom BCM94352Z. I'll doublecheck the USB port settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back