2x Xeon > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,

I recently updated my GPU on my mid-2012 Mac Pro to the Sapphire Pulse Radeon 580 which then lost the ability to use the apple boot screen. I was hoping the Multibeast 4.1.0 for High Sierra would fix just that but after installing and restarting, my Mac won't restart just sits there with a black screen. Any help or guidance in fixing that would be appreciated.

Thank you

Multibeast installs Clover, and Clover is BAD for real Macs. You can however use Opencore to get a boot screen with a non-apple Graphics card.

Multibeast installs Clover, and Clover is BAD for real Macs. You can however use Opencore to get a boot screen with a non-apple Graphics card.

Thanks. I have multiple drives so I installed the OS on another and was able to delete the files I installed and was able to boot it up. Thanks for the info.

Thanks. I have multiple drives so I installed the OS on another and was able to delete the files I installed and was able to boot it up. Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. Definitely look into using opencore to get a boot screen as well as NVME boot ability though. I did it a little while ago for a friend and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back