Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock B85M-ITX
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GH
Graphics
IGP
I have Big Sur running great! Only issue is that I cannot boot from SSD. I am still using OpenCore on thumb drive for boot.

Not sure where to start. I have followed the OpenCore instructions on moving it to EFI partition inside EFI folder.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

I have Big Sur running great! Only issue is that I cannot boot from SSD. I am still using OpenCore on thumb drive for boot.

Not sure where to start. I have followed the OpenCore instructions on moving it to EFI partition inside EFI folder.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)
You may want to have a look at the LauncherOption section of the guide. This feature is intended for exactly your issue.

Attempted the steps in the link you sent. Thank You. Still not able to boot from disk. Can only boot from USB thumb drive. Bios does not see bootable disk.
I have even set UEFI boot option pointing to the disk but the system does not show any boot options. I only get UEFI boot option whe thumb drive is in USB.

I only get UEFI boot option whe thumb drive is in USB.
Try this. Disable the LauncherOption setting and enable the UEFI - Quirks - RequestBootVarRouting setting if it's not already (though it should be) in the config.plist. Reboot. At the OC boot menu select Reset NVRAM. Remove the thumb drive when the system restarts and check the firmware boot menu (F12/F8/whatever).

If still no UEFI option for the SSD, attach a picture of the firmware screen and a zip of the current EFI partition of the SSD for examination.

See attached. Thank You.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 137
  • Firmware_Pics.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 136
  • diskutil_list.png
    diskutil_list.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 151
See attached. Thank You.
Configuration looks good to me. If "Reset NVRAM" didn't clear and rebuild the UEFI boot options (I don't see any drives listed) try the following derived from the previously linked guide.

Copy EFI\OC\Tools\OpenShell.efi to a USB drive, I'd say preferably a different one than you've been using, rename and place in EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi. Boot your system from that USB drive and start OpenCore on the SSD from the prompt manually: FS0:\EFI\OC\OpenCore.efi. If macOS loads successfully try enabling LauncherOption again and reboot to see if it takes.

If not, you could leave LauncherOption disabled and try using the OpenShell prompt (from the other USB) to manually create a UEFI boot option for OpenCore using the instructions in my guide below originally written for Clover. The same UEFI Shell procedure would apply.

I was able to boot off the new USB drive, but no new UEFI boot option. I have already tried boot option before, but I tried it again using your tutorial. Still no UEFI boot option:

user@iMac ~ % bootoption list
BootCurrent: Not set
BootNext: Not set
Timeout: 10
1: Boot0000 OpenCore

I was able to boot off the new USB drive, but no new UEFI boot option. I have already tried boot option before, but I tried it again using your tutorial. Still no UEFI boot option:

user@iMac ~ % bootoption list
BootCurrent: Not set
BootNext: Not set
Timeout: 10
1: Boot0000 OpenCore
With RequestBootVarRouting enabled this won't work from within macOS. Also remember that to use bootoption you must have working NVRAM (looks like you might). Otherwise you'll need to do it from the OpenShell prompt using bcfg.

OK I am trying to understand what my next step is.

1.) Disable RequestBootVarRouting(USB drive & SSD).
2.) Any way to verify I have working NVRAM?
3.) Boot from USB drive into openshell.
4.) Run `map` to find SDD(should be FS1 if I leave USB drive in).
5.) Run `FS1:` to select the SSD.
6.) Run `vol` to view the volumes.
7.) Use `ls` command to verify the EFI directory location.
8.) Run `bcfg boot add 0 EFI\BOOT\BOOTx64.efi "OpenCore"` (Using the EFI partition number?)
9.) Run `reset`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back