Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Unable to remove/disable Nvidia graphics card in Big Sur custom built Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Feartech @macntosh I am almost there in getting to a perfect installation. Only annoying issue now is not able to awake from a hibernation. After display turns off, for a while (probably an hour or two) I can use keyboard or mouse to awake screen again (it started working like this after passing igfxonln=1 in boot args). At this point, it seems that only display is off and I have LEDs on the computer ON. If I miss this time window and when the LEDs on computer turn off then pressing keyboards wakes up the computer, however, the display doesn't turn on. I went through this section to tweak it: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/sleep.html#preparations

I have attached my config.plist, energy saver settings, and the log from pmset. I am sure I missed a step somewhere display settings. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.
XhciPortLimit should be disabled

Try these changes (disksleep is optional):

sudo pmset -a standby 1
sudo pmset -a womp 1
sudo pmset -a proximitywake 1
sudo pmset -a disksleep 10
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3 (or 25)
sudo pmset -a sleep 0
Before I try, I had a concern. Is there a chance I won't be able to boot after these? If yes, is there any way I can make these changes in config.plist so that I can boot with different config.plist? In other words, how to revert/chage pmset changes at boot time?

Before I try, I had a concern. Is there a chance I won't be able to boot after these? If yes, is there any way I can make these changes in config.plist so that I can boot with different config.plist? In other words, how to revert/chage pmset changes at boot time?
These are the settings I'm currently using. I was interested to see if simple PM changes would give some joy. You could always switch them back to the settings you already had using the same method. None of those settings should cause an inability to boot.

Regarding PM settings in config.plist: I've only noticed the HibernateMode setting, which is set to 0 by default (disabled). I am unaware of others via config.plist, though that doesn't mean they don't exist; only that I've never needed to use them.

Hibernatemode 25 sets a deep hibernation (slower to hibernate, and slower to recover, sometimes by several minutes), so if you're concerned about that, then don't use 25 (try 3, or leave it disabled).

Try these changes (disksleep is optional):

sudo pmset -a standby 1
sudo pmset -a womp 1
sudo pmset -a proximitywake 1
sudo pmset -a disksleep 10
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3 (or 25)
sudo pmset -a sleep 0
These work better in some sense. The display sleeps and system doesn't sleep. So, the issue is avoided instead of solving it. Would be nice to get the system also into sleep and then wake up, ideally but I guess that is for another day. Thanks a lot.

These work better in some sense. The display sleeps and system doesn't sleep. So, the issue is avoided instead of solving it. Would be nice to get the system also into sleep and then wake up, ideally but I guess that is for another day. Thanks a lot.
This configuration at least allows time to focus on other things; and, as you say, another day! Cheers.

resetting NVRAM resets these. Is there any way to make these permanent through configuration files? I can always try to put them in a cronjob I guess but wanted to know if there is any other standard.

resetting NVRAM resets these. Is there any way to make these permanent through configuration files? I can always try to put them in a cronjob I guess but wanted to know if there is any other standard.
All changes you make using pmset are stored in:
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

This file is (or should be) persistent and settings should survive NVRAM resets.

My guess is that the HibernateMode [and possibly other] settings in config.plist are conflicting with the manual settings, or vice-versa. HibernateMode is set to None in my config.plist. See if that makes any difference in combination with the manual changes via pmset. Otherwise, it's outside my experience with OpenCore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back