Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Gene
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Forgive me if I'm asking a question that's already been asked before, but despite my searching, I haven't managed to find any solutions to the problem I'm facing.
Here's my current setup:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Gene
CPU: i7 6700K
GPU: GTX 970

I found Stork's guide which closely rembled my build, and followed all the instructions there.
I can successfully boot into the High Sierra Installer and initiate the installation. At around the 2 minutes remaining mark, my computer resets, and I select "Boot macOS Install from [your installation drive name]" in Clover, but not two seconds into the Apple Loading screen, my PC immediately resets. No matter how many times I try, the result is always the same. I have even tried the Preloader partition that is created (same result), and booting from the High Sierra Installation Drive (Takes me back to the start of the install MacOS main menu).

I booted the "Boot macOS Install from [your installation drive name]" in verbose mode to see if I could gleam what was going on in the couple of seconds it tries to resume the installation. It disappears so quickly, I had to record a video and then screenshot the very moment before it crashes to be able to see anything. I've attached that to this post. I hope it helps shine some light on what's going on.

Is anybody able to point me in the right direction? If you need any further details from me, I'll answer to the best of my ability! Thanks!

Attachments

• verbose.png
    verbose.png
    692.2 KB · Views: 43
The kernel panic information has scrolled off the top of the screen.

Oh, my apologies! I've tried to screenshot the text that appears directly before it, but it moves so quickly that it's still quite blurry, I'm afraid. Does this help at all?

Attachments

• verbose 2.PNG
    verbose 2.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 41
  • verbose 3.PNG
    verbose 3.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back