Contribute
Register

Unable to login to iMessage on Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I Moved over to Big Sur and OpenCore, I had some difficulties with iMessage too.

I'd suggest going through your Platform info, pick new serial numbers, etc and make sure they are all valid.

I'd suggest going through your Platform info, pick new serial numbers, etc and make sure they are all valid.

Err.. you don't want a valid serial as that would mean there's a real Mac out there with the same serialnumber which would be bad.. I'll quote Pilgrim from "An idiots guide..."

This is so important that it is worth repeating :
You need a Serial Number that everymac.com confirms is in the correct format and that Apple says is not valid.
It does not mean that it is not a valid Serial Number - It means that it is not already registered.

Unless you own the particular Mac and it is registered in your name as well as no longer in commission. In saying that, I would plum for the non valid method as the above poster suggest as it is not a good idea to have two machines with the same data credentials on Apple Servers.

Err.. you don't want a valid serial as that would mean there's a real Mac out there with the same serialnumber which would be bad.. I'll quote Pilgrim from "An idiots guide..."

So when I said "valid serial"......this is actually what I meant. You defnatley don't want one assigned to a real Mac or other machine. My bad.

When I Moved over to Big Sur and OpenCore, I had some difficulties with iMessage too.

I just made a completely new build (New motherboard, fresh install, and new SMbios) and I'm still facing the same issue.
iMessage functions perfectly with one of my apple ids, while my main iCloud account signs in then throws me back to the login window without any errors.

This issue is driving me crazy :(

Hey man, I have exactly the same error! Did you got lucky and figured it out? It’s driving me crazy

I have the same error.
I create a new apple id,login iMessage on big sur hackintosh,after several seconds ,return me to login dialog again.
but,I can use the new id login on a real macbook air,iMessage,facetime works very well.

and another old apple id login iMessage on this big sur hackintosh without any problem.

yestoday,i reinstalled catalina on this hackintosh,try login iMessage again,it show me a customer code error,i think the new apple id was on apple’s blacklist now

Guys - Same old message stated over and over again - 'Old established Apple IDs' has a 99.999% chance to logon successfully on new a Hack than new IDs' created on a new Hack. Hence the reason you will have success with your old ID which means there is nothing wrong with your iMessage setup. Apple issues a security token to grant your machine access and since it is not one of theirs, the Servers throws up a security flag and blocks the logon.

This block can take a day, a week or month to clear but the two things you must reframe from doing are, constantly change machine data ie S/N, MLB, ROM etc and endless logon tries as these will definitely make the situation worst and you may end up having to call Apple which you should avoid if possible.

Hi, i have exactly the same problem, i can connect and use iMessage and Facetime with a friend account, but with mine it juste prompt me to login again and again. Did anyone found a solution ? Thanks

Hi, i have exactly the same problem, i can connect and use iMessage and Facetime with a friend account, but with mine it juste prompt me to login again and again. Did anyone found a solution ? Thanks
As you reported you have successful connection with a friend's account, that proves there is nothing wrong with your settings as it stands. Without being facetious or condescending, the solution is patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back