Graphics
nVidia 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I set SATA to AHCI. I booted in to the . I typed busratio=20 -v. And it looks like it is going to work but doesn't. It makes it look like I unplugged the monitor and then I'm back at the POST. I even tried mach_970 busratio=20 -v. Same thing.

Am I missing something? This is for Leopard 10.5 on my sig rig.

No IDE here as the motherboard doesn't support it. Well I got it to work by doing cpus=1 busratio=20. The only problem is no ethernet.
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 4380 (rev 10). Well I just need to get the ethernet to work. Going to try and get snowy on a usb drive to install it.

Okay I managed to install Snow Leopard via USB to my hdd. During the installation, I got "Unable to bless hard drive". I think it means couldn't make boot active (could be wrong?). Well afterward I rebooted and tried booting and just got a blinking underscore.

zeke said:
Okay I managed to install Snow Leopard via USB to my hdd. During the installation, I got "Unable to bless hard drive". I think it means couldn't make boot active (could be wrong?). Well afterward I rebooted and tried booting and just got a blinking underscore.

Well, you'll have to boot with the iBoot CD again- then choose your installation drive. Report back. ;) Don't worry about that error- it's normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back