Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 740 (4 GB)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I built my system last Saturday and was able to install 10.6.3 and upgrade to 10.6.8, no problems at all. After trying several times to use Snow Leopard MultiBeast, I later learn that it doesn't work with i5 (Haswell) CPUs. No big deal; I can still boot from iBoot Haswell.

I set up a bootable USB as prescribed with UniBeast and dragged MultiBeast Yosemite to it, but that's the last progress I was able to make toward actually installing Yosemite.

Based on the guides and posts I found on this website, I have tried many different configurations for the BIOS as well as boot flags, but have not made any additional progress. Depending on the boot flag(s) used or not used, I either get a Panic related to ACPI (with several kexts failing to load and Mac OS version not yet set) or a screen telling me to reboot.

My understanding is the current iteration of UniBeast and MultiBeast Yosemite is supposed to work with my motherboard/ CPU combination. So far that doesn't seem to be the case unless it inherently requires a deep working knowledge of dealing with panics, kexts, boot flags, what BIOS settings to use, etc, which I don't have (actually, I had never even heard of most of this stuff except BIOS settings until this past week).

Could someone please help me here? I would really like to get this machine up and running.

My current setup is as follows:
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H;
  • i5-4460;
  • Samsung 850 EVO 120 GB SSD (SATA port 1);
  • LG 14x BDXL Blu-Ray Burner (SATA port 0);
  • Logitech K120 keyboard;
  • Logitech M705 wireless mouse;
  • ~5 year old DDR3 ram (2x 2GB) from an old system (actually, I pulled one of these so now I just have one 2GB stick of RAM running in the machine); and
  • I removed the video card, so I am just using the motherboard graphics.

IMG_3740.JPG

Many thanks in advance for some advice!

i have successfully installed yosemite 10.3 on the same mobo (my cpu is a 4790k) using clover; it's a bit longer and requires some reading + copypaste, but it worked, while unibeast/multibeast didn't.

I have the micro-ATX version of this board and an I-7 4790K CPU. I have successfully installed Yosemite several times on my system. The problem is I keep tweaking it and then breaking it in some way. I can't offer any solutions, maybe just some recommendations. I know how frustrating it can be. There are a few nights where I have been up past 2:00 trying to make something happen only to go to bed defeated.

I can tell you that no two installations have gone the same for me although there may be some constants. Sometimes I need boot flags, other times none.

First, have you at least prepared your BIOS per the guide, vt -d, etc.?

It seems that I have better luck with one stick of memory (in this case 8GB) which I see you have done.

Maybe it's just coincidence, but I find that my installation has always hung up when I run in verbose mode. I know that really should not make a difference. Perhaps I am just superstitious.

I generally seem to need some type of boot flags. Sometimes -x works alone, sometimes not. I do seem to need some combination of GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 and maxmem=4096. Sometimes I have to keep trying over and over to get past the point where it hangs and suddenly it will go through.

Once I run Multibeast with very minimal settings enabling drivers for sound and network I have a pretty good system. I have the fewest issues with the iMac 14,2 definition. Sound works, sound on wake up from sleep, sleep/wake, front USB 3.0, etc.

Hope you finally find the combination that works for you.

Hello!
Sorry for my English, but I hope I can help you.
My Hackintosh

• GA-Z97 DH
  • i5 4670
  • SSD Samsung Evo 850
  • Intel HD 4600 motherboard graphics

I use Yosemite 10.10.3

Step 1
Setting BIOS (my BIOS F7)
Load Optimised Defaults
- Advanced Memory Settings: XMP Profile 1
- VT-d disabled
- XHCI Mode Auto
- Intel Processor Graphic disabled
- XHCI Hand-Off Enabled
- EHCI Hand-Off Enabled
- SATA Configuration AHCISpet 2
Create usb install
I have not used frags. Installation was clean.

But if it does not, use the
cpus=1 npci=0x3000 -x -v

These frags I used in previous installations
Mountain lion and the Mavericks

After the 1 part of the installation
select language
partitioning SSD or HDD
select GUIDE
next steps
……..

Reboot after installation
2 part of the installation

I boot again with the installer usb
through bootloader choose to boot from SSD

(I have not used frags. Installation was clean.
But if it does not, use the
cpus=1 npci=0x3000 -x -v )

Continue installation
USERNAME
PASSWORD
next steps
….
When you finish the installation, and will pass on your desktop
Use MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.3.0
multibeast install to disk ssd with your Yosemite
reboot and use.
DTS

?????? ?????? 2015-06-04 ? 01.52.30.png
PS
The sound disappears. So I bought a usb sound card.
And no more problems

You have to upgrade bios to F8 first, I had the same problem with my GA-Z97-D3H and i3-4330.
Use unibeast 5.2.0 + appstore copy of yosemite or El capo + MultiBeast 7.5.0 and follow directions,
make USB bootloader/Installer (10-15 mins tops) also copy MultiBeast app to root of your USB bootloader.
I have done this at least 20 times since getting this new MoBo GA-Z97-D3H and i-3 cpu it WORKS.
Fine Tuning is where you will have much fun.!!!!
PS : MultiBeast/Unibeast are not perfect but they get the job done.

Suggestion: After you get it running, try putting all your boot files (/EXTRA folder) in the hidden /EFI partition.
Why????
After experimenting with it, I FIND THAT IT runs as close to PERFECT as I can get. No more system lock-
ups, overheating, or searching for BT-controller, unknown CPU, etc..etc..etc.
PS : Turn of mobo Intel GPU, it causes SLOW Boots!!!

if none of the above suggestion works, maybe it's too little RAM. Based on Apple, minimum is 4GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back