Contribute
Register

Unable to install Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I enable CSM from? What is it?
In the UEFI/BIOS - CSM stands for Compatibility Support Module and allows legacy boot devices on UEFI boards.

I had a very similar issue with multiple drives. It appears I was getting to the windows install efi via a clover boot usb. I needed to remove that just before installing onto the hard drive. The hard drive you want to install windows 10 on has to be the only Drive available.

I had the same problem. When I inserted the Windows USB and powered on, clover automatically started some sort of NTFS boot. I actually was able to install any version of Windows, but with a couple of minutes into it it would crash: black BSoD, black screen with cursor, or even no signal input at all. Weird stuff.

Finally found these @Going Bald 's abovementioned steps (disabling all other drives on BIOS) and was able to proceed smoothly. I'm actually writing this through the stable Windows 10 installation. Now I'm up to reboot and enable the other drives again, let's see :)

Windows installer is very stupid and wants to install on first drive the PCH sees on boot up always.
That is why I said to disconnect all other drives - there was a drive "ahead" of the Win10 drive in the SATA port order the PCH recognizes the ports and Win10 installer, wanting to install files on the first drive it sees, tried to install them there and could not do it, so it comes back with error message about unable to install.
This was my exact situation. I disconnected my Mac drive & the windows installation finally went through.

[/QUOTE]
I have managed to successfully install El Capitan on my Hackintosh. I am trying to install Windows 10 UEFI on a separate HDD but it has been unsuccessful.

I created a bootable Windows on USB using Rufus.
The partition scheme and target system type is set as GPT partition scheme for UEFI
File System as FAT32.

I have changed the following settings in my bios, am using a Gigabyte Z77-HD3 board.
1. Boot Mode Selection: UEFI Only
2. Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI Only
3. Display Boot Option Control: UEFI Only
4. Other PCI Device ROM Priority: UEI OpROM

Other things I have tried.
1. Reformatting the disk to NTFS/GUID/Etc prior to installing.
2. Disconnecting all other drives.
3. Clearing all paritions on the drive, becoming Unallocated Space, and letting Windows Setup setup the disk.

In the Windows Setup, upon booting, after selecting the disk, I am getting a generic error.

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files"

Your help is much appreciated.
How did you make the bootable usb with Rufus if you were running Mac OS? I'm having trouble making the bootable disk.

Windows installer is very stupid and wants to install on first drive the PCH sees on boot up always.
That is why I said to disconnect all other drives - there was a drive "ahead" of the Win10 drive in the SATA port order the PCH recognizes the ports and Win10 installer, wanting to install files on the first drive it sees, tried to install them there and could not do it, so it comes back with error message about unable to install.
Exactly this. Now I am even embarrassed of the time I spent trying to solve this sh*t. Thanks man.

Confirming. Removing secondary SSD solved this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back