Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I got to the part where it boot to custom install screen. Took me to the Disk format. I did that and left my EFI partition along. Then continue to install window but it said EFI is can't be format as NTFS and has to be FAT format. How can I get it fix? I originally created the USB by using OSX diskutility and format it as FAT. Copy/paste the Window ISO content to USB. Was able to boot it. Somehow it has the Clover version 4057 when booted into the UEFI USB.

Am I doing this correctly? I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...windows-10-usb-in-os-x-using-terminal.172458/. But I can't seem to unmount disk. It said failed when unmounting. There are other guide shows to use Window Media creation method or rufia but has to do it on PC. But how can I get my cd key on the download method directly from Microsoft website.

some of the guide seem outdated to create USB UEFI window

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
What Mac OS version are you running?

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just to let everyone know. I am connecting a seperate drive to load Window. I was able to copy and paste Window ISO content to USB and was able to boot from USB and got to the installer and was able to format my HD. but when it was about to load Window, it said my EFI is not format for FAT. Confuse???

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just to let everyone know. I am connecting a seperate drive to load Window. I was able to copy and paste Window ISO content to USB and was able to boot from USB and got to the installer and was able to format my HD. but when it was about to load Window, it said my EFI is not format for FAT. Confuse???
Format the drive as if you were going to install Mac OS - GPT, HFS+
When you get to the screen to select a drive for installing Windows, select the HFS+ partition and delete it. Select the free space left and click next. The Win10 installer will take it from there.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Format the drive as if you were going to install Mac OS - GPT, HFS+
When you get to the screen to select a drive for installing Windows, select the HFS+ partition and delete it. Select the free space left and click next. The Win10 installer will take it from there.
can i create new for 500gb for the deleted partition? I did that and it couldnt load on efi

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
can i create new for 500gb for the deleted partition? I did that and it couldnt load on efi
You do not install to the EFI partition. You install to the free space left behind when you deleted the partition.
If it will not install on the free space, create a partition using the free space and format it NTFS.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You do not install to the EFI partition. You install to the free space left behind when you deleted the partition.
If it will not install on the free space, create a partition using the free space and format it NTFS.

I did that and it gave me an error about my EFI is not formatted as FAT. is my usb refi should be formatted as FAT vs Guid in OSX when I create the usb? I follow one of the guide from the Moderator as he said to just copy and paste the content of the window to the usb and I should be good?

I got to the installer screen and was able to create a new partition from the unallocated space. I did that and click next and the installer said the EFI partition is formatted in NTFS and needed to be formatted in FAT32. I did format the USB and copy the content from window ISO image directly from root to USB root. It booted up fine. I'm at lost now.

Maybe I need to create the usb on PC computer.

Last edited:

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
OK, do you have access to a Windows PC?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, do you have access to a Windows PC?

Yes. I was able to create the USB installer windows using Rufus.(used my sister inlay pc). Somehow the guide and others method doesn't seem to work as Windows see the EFI partition was format in NTFS when I format the usb as FAT32. I got it installed and was able to boot up in Clover showing Mac and Window boot screen. It was simple to use ~Rufus. Thank you all for helping!!