CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Unable to install updates for the first time. All previous updates went smoothly, not sure what changed this time. Here's what I see when I try to update from the Apple Software Update, after I restart and choose the "Data" drive to boot from:

img_20200518_225215-jpg.470374

On the other hand, when I try to update via the stand-alone installer, I get this:

screenshot-2020-05-18-at-10-50-35-pm-png.470375

Any idea what could be going wrong please?

Thanks!

Supplemental update != combo update.

It should be applied over the same OS version.

But you can use the 10.15.4 Combo Update (the supplemental is already included)

Read again what I said.

You are trying to install a "Supplemental" update for 10.15.4 over 10.15.3.

You must update to 10.15.4 first. But like I mentioned, if you use a 10.15.4 combo update, the supplemental update is included in it.

That's what I meant. I tried with the combo update this time, but the same error comes up when the system restarts and I choose the MacOS Install Data to boot from....

Read again what I said.

You are trying to install a "Supplemental" update for 10.15.4 over 10.15.3.

You must update to 10.15.4 first. But like I mentioned, if you use a 10.15.4 combo update, the supplemental update is included in it.

I have the same issue going from 10.15.3 to 10.15.5. Not sure what is happening. I see the same error about locked files.

i have same issue but i will open clover plist and enable -v flag then problem is sloved :thumbup:

how does -v solve the problem?

how does -v solve the problem?
It work for me 1st 3 try my system can’t install macOS 10.15.5 after than I I enable -v flag aka safe mode then my system install the update.

It work for me 1st 3 try my system can’t install macOS 10.15.5 after than I I enable -v flag aka safe mode then my system install the update.

-v isn't safe mode. It stands for Verbose Mode and will show you what it does when booting up until your GPU framebuffer is loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back